Clapper's Cavern (Donkey Kong Land 2)
|Level code||5 - 4|
|World||K. Rool's Keep|
|Game||Donkey Kong Land 2|
|Music track||In a Snow-bound Land|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Clapper's Cavern is the second ice cavern level. It is very similar to an earlier level, Slime Climb, in that both feature a liquid that injures Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong if they touch it. Due to the icy setting, the ground in Clapper's Cavern is both icy and slippery. Before going across the water, the Kong must jump on a Clapper, who freezes the water, enabling Diddy and Dixie to move across.
Zingers are often hovering over the icy water. To harmless get by the Zingers, Diddy or Dixie must run on the ice to build up momentum and then either jump or duck beneath the Zinger. The slippery ground is patrolled by Klampons, Spinies, and Krunchas.
When they begin the level, the Kongs must travel east and jump on Clapper. After he freezes the water, they need to run across, but before it melts, to avoid touching the freezing liquid below. After going up and under a few Zingers, they will get to land again and defeat a lone Spiny. Afterwards, they must bounce off of another Clapper, and freeze the water. Once they slide under two Zingers, the Kongs need to hurry back on the solid ground. But they can still not dawdle, because they must quickly cross more ice before it cools down. Soon, though, they should be able to reach safety, and simply walk along the solid path. They'll meet a few enemies on the way, and also have to jump over two abysses. But, the group will eventually come up to the next Clapper. After he cools down the liquid, they need to dash over the ice. They must jump over and slide under a few more Zingers here, but soon get back on the safe surface. Here, they will find the Star Barrel.
From there, the heroes must hop on top of Clapper and race over the slippery ice. Once they pass the Zinger over this icy water, they will have to continue running over the safe ground, until they find another frozen section of water. Before it melts, they have to run and dodge more enemies. Again, they will finally make it back on land, but have to cross more ice. Hopefully, if it hasn't turned back into it's liquid form, the Kongs should be able to cross it, and finally be back on the safe ground. After all that, the heroes must simply leap over a few abysses and avoid some enemies, including the mighty Kruncha foe, who won't give up just from a single hit given by the monkeys. Eventually, the group will meet another Clapper. Once they jump on him, they must, as usual, dash across the slippery ice. This time across, there are several Zingers in the path, and they need to hop over or slip under each one. Once back on land, the heroes should watch out for a Kruncha, and jump over a rather large gap. After that, they will find a spring, and it will take them out of the level.
Items and objects
- K: The Kongs must go left at the start and jump into a Barrel Cannon, which launches them into the letter K.
- O: Floating above the icy water.
- N: In between two platforms, to the right of a Kruncha.
- G: To the right of the End of Level Target, the Kongs must jump to latch on an invisible hook. Jumping to the second hook allows the Kongs to reach the letter G.
- Find the Token! - At the second path after the Star Barrel, when Dixie jumps down to the ice, she must hover through the air and bounce on a Flitter to land into a Bonus Barrel. In the Bonus Level, the Kongs have 15 seconds to jump from platforms, a few of which have a Klampon on them. The Kremkoin is at the end for the Kongs to obtain.
Cranky's Video Game Hero Coin
- At the very start of the level, the active Kong must go backwards. They must jump from where a lone banana is to cling on a hidden hook directly above. The Kong jump above the hook to enter into a Barrel Cannon, which blasts them through more Barrel Cannons and into the Video Game Hero Coin. They are also blasted into the letter K, a Banana Coin, and an Extra Life Balloon.
Names in other languages
Kōri no Mizuumi