End of Level Target
An End of Level Target, also known as an exit target, is an object found in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. One is found at the end of every non-boss level, hence the name, and End of Level Targets switch between a few prizes, one of which the Kongs can possibly acquire.
An End of Level Target works very similarly to a strength tester game. If the Kongs land on the target from a high enough position, the attached lever causes the barrel to rise to the top of the pole. This gives them one of several roulette-style scrolling prizes, including a Red Balloon, the letter G, a Banana Coin, a Banana Bunch, a banana, or sometimes even one of Cranky's Video Game Hero Coins. The Video Game Hero Coin of Web Woods, in particular, flashes by faster than the other prizes.
If Diddy Kong collects a prize, he briefly brings out a boombox and starts rapping, whereas with Dixie Kong, she briefly performs on an electric guitar. If no prize is won, a brief fanfare plays instead. Diddy's rap, Dixie's guitar, and the brief fanfare all vary based on the level's music.
In Donkey Kong Land 2, the End of Level Target is a trampoline-like object, also called the Goal Target, which does not yield a prize. When the active Kong jumps on the target, it bounces them out of the level.
The End of Level Targets were replaced with Level Flags in Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! and Donkey Kong Land III.
Dixie approaches the End of Level Target of Pirate Panic in Donkey Kong Land 2.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Bersaglio di fine livello||End of level target|
- ^ Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest instruction booklet. Page 17.
- ^ Donkey Kong Land 2 instruction booklet, page 14.
- ^ M. Arakawa. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest Player's Guide. Page 19.
- ^ Donkey Kong Land 2 Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console electronic manual. Tab 9: "Progressing Through Stages".
- ^ Super Donkey Kong 2: Dixie & Diddy instruction booklet, page 21.
- ^ Donkey Kong Country 2 European manual, pag. 113