Lost World (Donkey Kong Land III)
|Game||Donkey Kong Land III|
|<< List of worlds >>|
- “Well done, it seems I underestimated you. Welcome to the Lost World, but you will never catch me.”
- —Baron K. Roolenstein, Donkey Kong Land III
Lost World is the sixth and final world in Donkey Kong Land III. It can only be accessed by Dixie and Kiddy Kong once they have collected every DK Coin and Watch. The world boss is Baron K. Roolenstein, who is previously fought as the boss of Tin Can Valley. The Lost World is set in grassland and has a few caves and factories.
The Lost World has a significant role in the beginning storyline: there was a contest held to see who would first discover the Lost World first. Both Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong participated in the contest, leaving Dixie and Kiddy behind; they felt rejected and decided to participate in the contest themselves, though Baron K. Roolenstein also decided to join.
After the Kongs defeat Baron K. Roolenstein in the Lost World, the game cuts to the ending. In it, a start line can be seen in the background, presumably related to the Lost World contest.
- Whiplash Dash (pipeline)
- Kuchuka Karnage (factory)
- Haunted Hollows (cavern)
- Rainforest Rumble (jungle)
- Barrel Boulevard (factory)
- Ghoulish Grotto (cave)
- Boss level: K Rools Last Stand[sic] (cave)
- “Even if you short circuit K. Rool's plan to find and loot the Lost World for his own gain, you still won't be able to just waltz into the place yourself. There will be a trick or two to entering this fabled land, which we'll reveal next issue.”
- —Nintendo Power vol. 101, page 87
- “Last month, we gave you the scoop on some of the tougher stages and harded-to-find items in Donkey Kong Land 3. Now that you've collected all of the DK Coins from the previous stages and won the first five Clocks from the Brothers Bears, you'll be allowed to enter the Lost World and explore its mysterious interior. Baron K. Roolenstein found his way here before you, and he's strewn a host of dangers and death traps across your path. Luckily for you, our tips and full maps of each stage will give you a fighting chance to defeat the nefarious baron and save the treasures of the Lost World from his greedy, grimy clutches. Now is not the time to be sitting on your hands, so get moving, little monkeys!”
- —Nintendo Power vol. 103, page 84
Names in other languages
- In a prototype of the original Game Boy release, Watches are the only requirement for entering the Lost World.