|Donkey Kong Land III
|<< Directory of levels >>
Rockface Chase is the twenty-fourth level in Donkey Kong Land III and the sixth and last regular level of the Great Ape Lakes. It takes place on a cliffside and it appears at the northeast part of the world map. Rockface Chase is similar to an earlier level, Vertigo Verge, which also takes place at a cliffside. In Rockface Chase, the Kongs must climb up the cliff during a rainfall. They must use Barrel Cannons and both vertical and horizontal ropes to make their way across. There are some groups of bananas that are shaped in the direction that the Kongs must go. There are many Buzzes in the level. After the Star Barrel, the Kongs encounter many horizontal ropes with Klasps.
At the beginning of the level, the Kongs make their way up a small ledge, using a wooden platform, and then start to run down a large, slanted path. At the bottom of this path, they find a set of ropes to climb. As they climb up these ropes, they will need to watch out for some explosive Klasps. On the next level of the rocky landscape, they can find the letter K. Farther on, after defeating some enemies, they should find a platform to use to get a grip on another rope. It guides them to a higher area, where they can find the letter O. Once they reach this part of the level, they jump into a nearby barrel and blast to a high-up set of ropes. Jumping up the ropes one-by-one, they soon reach a steep, upward pathway to another wooden platform. It helps them reach a short rope that aid them in head up to another area. There, the group finds a few small alcoves around some Kobbles. They eventually find the Star Barrel.
About halfway through the level, the apes fall down from some ropes and platforms to land in a barrel. It blasts them through a long chain of barrels and then on a wooden platform above the letter N. Walking a little farther, they should spy another rope that they need to climb while avoiding some Kopters. After hopping up some platforms nearby, they make their way into a barrel that shoots them onto a high tightrope. They should move across the long rope to find another platform. This platform helps them reach a set of ropes, occupied by several Klasps. The Kongs need to carefully climb along the rope and travel up to an arrow, created by many bananas. If they scurry to the left at this point, they can find another area with ropes. Making their way up a small, wooden platform to reach the highest point of the mountain, they reach the End of Level Flag.
Items and objects
The following items and objects appear in the following quantities:
- K: West of a banana arrow pointing west.
- O: In an area patrolled by a Kobble.
- N: West of the first Rekoil encountered in the level.
- G: On a tightrope that is above a Niknak.
Around the second Bonus Barrel, when the Kongs pass a group of bananas shaped as a left arrow, they should go in that direction to reach an area with some ropes. If they drop below onto the ground, they can find the level's Koin. The Kongs must throw the Steel Barrel at the wall behind Koin for it to bounce into his back and defeat him. By doing so, the Kongs are rewarded the DK Coin.
Rockface Chase has two Bonus Levels, listed by type:
- Bash the Baddies!: After the letter O, the Kongs are blasted to some horizontal ropes. They must jump up two ropes, each with a Klasp, and then jump left onto the ground. From there, Dixie or Kiddy can jump to the right to enter the Bonus Barrel. In the Bonus Level, the Kongs have 20 seconds to defeat two Krimps and three Buzzes. They must use Steel Barrels to defeat each Buzz. After defeating every enemy, the Bonus Coin appears at the end for the Kongs to collect.
- Collect the Stars!: Shortly after the letter G is a group of bananas shaped as a left arrow. Instead of going left and taking the main path, the Kongs must go right and climb some ropes to find a Bonus Barrel. It fires them into a Bonus Level, where Dixie or Kiddy must collect 27 stars within 20 seconds by climbing from several vertical and horizontal ropes. After they collect all the stars, the Bonus Coin appears at the bottom half.
Names in other languages
Ame no Rokkukuraimingu
|Rock Climbing in the Rain