List of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest quotes
From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
Story intro (GBA version)
- "Well, well... What do you think you're doing siting around all day?"
- "They won't get much of a game out of this, will they? I thought you were supposed to be a big star!"
- "I didn't! Whisking off maidens and chucking barrels, seven days a week I was!"
- "That's how I got where I am today, you know. Hard word. There was none of this lazin' around on a beach!"
- "Hah! He's off somewhere with that girlfriend of his. But still, I can see when I'm not wanted..."
- "Look, a note!"
- "Give me a chance! I'm not as quick as I used to be. It says:"
- "Well, I suppose we'd better give him the bananas. Hadn't we?"
- "Arrrrgh! This story's even worse that Donkey Kong Country's."
- "They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel this time!"
- "Have you any ideas how to get DK back?"
- "I'm sure as spit not gonna do it, not that I'm past my prime, mind you."
- "I could still do a better job than the rest of you put together."
- "But I wouldn't be seen dead in a game that scrolls and has bonus levels and end bosses!"
- "We will meet you there. Come and see us if you need any help!"
Entering the Monkey Museum
- "Say hello to your old grandpappy Cranky. I'm back by popular demand to offer my wealth of gameplay wisdom for this unnecessary sequel." (first meeting)
- "What sort of name is Dixie anyway? In my day, you were lucky to have a name at all!"
- "I'd sort out old K. Rool for you real quick, but I'd be spoiling the limited fun you're trying to get out of this shoddy product!"
- "I don't even get two screens to stand in! I'm sure K. Rool will have two, so why can't I? Pah!"
- "Look at all this junk in here! Treat my home like a trash can they do! No respect for their elders, that's the trouble..."
- "Haven't sold a single thing in weeks! If this junk was out of one of my games, the customers would be begging to get in!"
- "Where's Expresso? A clumsy spider and a fat parrot, is that the best they can think of?"
- "Girl heroes in video games, pah. I can't believe it! The main character should be really muscle-bound and carry a gun, not twirl their hair round!"
- "Need more help do we? Pah! If tell you much more, I might as wall play the game for you!"
- "Don't you ever knock? I know you're desperate for help, but remember your manners next time!"
- "I knew it! You've come to beg for my help again, haven't you! Well, I'm not going to tell you anything this time!"
- "Come on in! Have yourselves a look 'round and buy some of this trash, why don't you?"
- "I'll box your ears if you don't listen this time!"
- "Back so soon? I thought you'd complete at least another level before you came crying to me!"
- "See, you're back again! Evebody like old Cranky. I bet my ugly, old wife doesn't get half as many visits!"
- "You think your fancy graphics and sound will work again! I think not. You'll be lucky to sell 10 copies this time!"
- "Have you been to see the other members of the Kong family? They're not as useful as me of course, but they might be able to help."
- "You're looking a bit fat there, kid! Look at me, I'm at my physical peak. I could show you a thing or two!"
- "Oh, it's you again. I thought it might be a real video game hero..."
- "K. Rool is gonna whup your hides this time, whippersnappers! I'd better take over before you embarrass yourselves!"
- "For just five bucks, you can buy my memoirs. What a dynamic and exciting life I've led. You'll be lucky to star in half as many games as I been."
- "Shouldn't Dixie just be a token female princess waiting to be rescued, instead of a main character?"
- "Team up? I've never heard such rubbish in my life! When I played, I was on my own. I had no fancy backup!"
- "I hate being stuck in this shabby barrel. I want to sit outside like last time!"
- "Give up now before the kids realize you're not as popular as Donkey Kong was!"
- "Just 'cos DKC sold few lousy copies, I have to be included in another ludicrous adventure! It's the last time, I tell you!"
- "I'd have collected far more tokens than that by now! What's wrong, got holes in your pockets?"
- "Diddy, I thought you were a cheap character in DKC, but Dixie's even worse! It should be me on my own, that it should!"
- "Surprise, surprise. Well if it isn't the so called video game heroes! I hope I'm getting paid for all my help!"
- "Howdy, young 'uns! Gather round and I'll give you some much needed advice!"
- "You spend as much time in here as I do!"
- "Look! They've even taken my chair from me. It's disgusting how they treat old video game heroes these days..."
- "After my starring role in DKC, I thought I'd be the main character this time, not stuck in this gloomy shed!"
- "I bet this here Killer Instinct game is rubbish too! It hasn't got me in it, so it must be!"
- "I was hoping for more frames this time, but no! Don't let old Cranky do anything. Just give him some third rate stand frames!"
- "I don't know why I help you so much. you don't appreciate me!"
- "O.K., which of these would you like?"
- "Take a look at this lot!"
- "Here's a fraction of my enviable knowledge!"
- "Go ahead, test my amazing knowledge!"
- "I can recommend the really expensive ones, actually."
- "Enough talk, let's see your tokens!"
- "Pick a subject! I know everything about this game!"
- "I reckon you should spend all your tokens here."
- "Gaze in awe, as you appreciate my knowledge!"
- "Feast yer eyes on my menu!"
- "What do you want this time?"
- "This stuff is cheap at half the price!"
- "Here's what I've got to offer."
Not enough Banana Coins
- "You must be joking! You'll never have enough for that!"
- "It's not a charity! I want more tokens for this!"
- "Find some more tokens, you useless monkey!"
- "You'll have to play better to buy that, sonny!"
- "You'd better stick to the free ones, whippersnapper."
- "Not enough? Well, get lost then."
- "Hey! If you ain't got any tokens, you can buzz off!"
- "That's not enough. I've got ney frames to pay for y'know!"
- "Keep yer grubby hands off if you can't afford it!"
- "My knowledge doesn't come that cheap!"
- "You ain't got enough tokens for that, cheapskate!"
- "I'm not giving this stuff away you know!"
- "That one is too good for you."
Leaving the Monkey Museum
- "That's enough help for now. I need some rest."
- "Now, go and sort out those stupid crocodiles!"
- "I gotta go now, my wife is visiting any moment!"
- "Yawn! I'm getting tired. Go away and don't disturb me again!"
- "Now, buzz off and let me work on my new game design."
- "Guess I'd better tidy this miserable dump up a bit."
- "It should be real easy for you now!"
- "I'm off to spend my tokens!"
- "When you need more advice, which you will, I might help again, if you're lucky."
- "Don't be surprised if I'm gone next time. I'll be in a real game!"
- "Time for a couple of games on this here Killer Instinct."
- "Even you can finish this silly game now!"
- "Remember, I'm the most useful of the Kongs, and the cheapest!"
- "Don't come back without a sackful of tokens!"
- "I knew you'd do it, Diddy m'boy, but how could you fail having learned all you know from old Cranky here?"
- "Well done, Diddy, m'boy! Who'd have known you'd be able to rescue that lazy grandson of mine and dump K. Rool in his own filthy swamp? Not bad for a novice! Of course, if I'd have been playing, I'd have made sure that K. Rool never tries a cheap trick like this again!"
- "I reckon I'd found all the Kremkoins and completed the so called 'Lost World'. Oh well, can't expect everything from our first game, can we?"
- "One more thing, how many of my special Video Game Hero Coins did you find? A real player, such as myself, would have found plent I'm sure."
- "Let's see how well you did, eh?"
- "Well, I've got a second screen, and it's about time too. Now, shut up everyone while I read the eagarly awaited results of my prestigious Video Game Hero Awards...."
- "Hmmm... Not too good at finding my coins, are you, sonny? You might be a hero, but you've got a lot of catching up to do, yes siree!"
- "If you want to look at your limited progress on this screen, press the left and right buttons while you are on any of the map screens."
- "Now buzz off and see if you can find some more of my coins, which I very much doubt you will."
- "Hey! What are you waiting for? There's no secret stuff hidden here, sonny!"
- "There is, however, a couple of special options on the game selection screen though I'm sure they're of little use."
- "To find these silly options, press down lots of times, but if I were you, I wouldn't bother."
- "Now, go ahead and switch that cartridge off, so I could get some sleep! I reckon I've earned it!"
- "Well, well, well, if it isn't our trainee hero! I didn't expect you to find this place, sonny. You must have got luck. Now that you're here, I'd better tell you about it."
- "This here's the Kremling's 'LOST WORLD', and that big crocodile head in the middle is where you need to get to if you're going to finish this silly game properly."
- "But to get there, you have to beat Kaptain K. Rool and complete all the bonus levels as well, a task I'm sure is well beyond a whippersnapper like you!"
- "I don't know why I'm doing this, but here are some ridiculous cheap hints for this world, which I'm sure you'll be needing as well."
- "N-n-nice going k-kid! I-I reckon only a t-t-true video g-game hero would h-have f-f-finished it all!"
- "L-let's get out of t-this miserable d-dump, and g-get back t-t-to D-Donkey K-K-Kong Island!"
- "Back to see me again, eh, sonny? Let's see if you've improved your hero status, shall we?"
- "I'm not afraid to admit it, Diddy m'boy. Even I'm wrong occasionally. You're as big a hero as they come. You must take after me and Donkey. Well Done!"
- "Well done! You sure showed that feathered freak."
- "I can't wait to see how you get on in Crocodile Cauldron."
- "Go on then, go! What are you waiting for!"
- "You sure took you time beating that rusty old sword. Let's get out of here."
- "My fur is about to catch alight."
- "Now head for swamp Krem Quay."
- "This all seem too easy. I hope you aren't cheating! You have to keep moving."
- "DK is depending on you!"
- "Off you go to Krazy Kremland."
- "Where does K. Rool keep getting these giant Zingers from?"
- "Come on, let's go to Gloomy Gulch."
- "You don't have time to play on the shooting gallery now!"
- "Oh no, not the same boss, but as a ghost! Ooh! I was so scared."
- "You are doing really well; only K. Rool's Keep to get past."
- "Well done! I sure didn't expect that. Go to K. Rool's airship and rescue DK."
- "Good work, but we have to rust bucket before it crashes."
- "I can't believe my eyes!"
- "Once again you have beaten that lizard-faced freak."
- "DK is back with us, and the world is safe once again."
- "Read it, then!"
- "After all we did to get them back last time?"
- "DK would go crazy if he lost his hoard again!"
- "No, we must go now. Enguarde will take us."
- "Hurry, Cranky, what does it say?"
- "Let's go over to Crocodile Isle and rescue DK."
- "Even video game heroes get time off."
- "Why don't you go pester Diddy or something!? Just leave me in peace for once!"
Story intro (GBA version)
- "Wait 'til tomorrow, and we will all go."
- "Lookin' good, dudes! I'm Funky the main monkey, and my new Funky's Flights can take you anywhere on Crocodile Isle, provided you've already checked it out of course!"
- "Cruise on over to the barrel man, and ride the skies!"
Entering Funky's Flights II
- "Jump in my jet n' jive, Clive!"
- "Everything is cool guys. You're lookin' ready to ride and catch some clouds!"
- "Drop in on the other Kongs, dudes. We're all here to help you guys!"
- "All flights cleared, dudes. Choose and cruise!"
- "Way cool! Pick a flight and you're outta sight!"
- "Wicked! She's all tuned up and ready to go!"
- "Awesome playing, Kongs! Go get that K. Rool. He just ain't cool!"
- "Pick it and kick it, Kongs! You're A-Okay!"
Not enough Banana Coins
- "Uncool! That's costly cruisin' and you ain't in the picture guys!"
- "Tough break, Kongs. She's too cool for you pocket!"
- "What a bummer, eh? Try to find a few more tokens, y'know!"
- "Sorry, dudes. That one costs more to run than you've got!"
- "Not enough, man! I got a new surfboard to pay for!"
- "Aw no! Looks like you're gonna need to score some more to tour!"
- "Cool! She's all yours dudes. Catch y'later!"
Leaving Funky's Flights II
- "Take it easy, Kongs!"
- "Catch y' later, dudes!"
- "Check me out again, huh?"
- "Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"
- "Stay loose, guys!"
- "I fly 24 hours y'know!"
- "Call again, good buddies!"
- "I'll make sure DK never messes up my plans again."
- "You lot, go down to DK Island and bring that pesky primate to me."
- "You are never going to see your friends or DK Island again. Awha ha ha!"
- "I've kidnapped that lumbering fool Donkey Kong and you will never see him again! Har-har-har-har-har!" (SNES)
- "Hah-arrrrh! We have got the big monkey! If you want him back, you scurvy dogs, you have to hand over the banana hoard!" (GBA)
- "You didn't think it would be that easy, did you? Let's see if you can get past Kerozene!"
- "You Kongs think you are so clever, don't you?"
- "Come to my lair in the Lost World if you think you can really beat me!"
- "I'll get you yet, you stupid monkeys."
- "Next time there will be no stopping me. Awha ha ha!"
- "Blast you pesky apes! I'll get you next time!"
- "Now' ear this, landlubbers! Me name is Klubba an' to cross me bridge is gonna cost yer many pieces o' eight!"
- "An' if yers don't pay up, I'll run yer through like the scurvy dogs ye are, A-harrr! It costs 15 Kremkoins to cross over, mateys."
- "Stop right there ye scummy swabs! Step on me toll bridge an' I'll throw ye overboard!"
- "Avast there! Touch me horde o' gold 'ere' an' I'll slice ye in two!"
- "Splice me mainbrace, it's the monkeys I hope yers got enough booty this time, or ye'll walk the plank!"
- "It's twenty lashes wi' the cat o' nine tails for ye if I don't get me booty this time, y' filthy apes!"
- "A-harrrr! 'Tis the flea ridden gorillas again! Pay the toll, or ye'll suffer a plenty, I promisse ye!"
- "Let's see yer dubloons, ye mangy apes!"
- "Shiver me timbers! Where's me loot? Cos if I don't get none, ye don't cross over, mateys!"
- "Scurvy chimps ahoy! C'mon ye yellowbellies. Try an' cross Klubba's bridge without payin. I dare ye!"
- "Get lost and fetch me lots more treasure, y' scurvy dogs!"
- "I'll wrap me club around yer moth eaten heads if yer don't pay every last one!"
- "Har! Har! Har! Y'must be jokin if I'm gonna let ye across fer that lousy loot!"
- "That's not enough, y' banana-scoffing, scummy landlubbers!"
- "Try that again an' it's Davy Jones's locker f' ye! A-harrh!"
- "What's wrong with ye? Our bonus rooms must be too hard for y' flea bitten chimps t' find."
- "Ye'll taste me club if yo don't get some more!"
- "Ye'll 'ave t' find me more n' that to pass!"
- "Feel free t' use me barrel when ye like, mateys!"
- "Thanks for the booty. Yer me best mateys now!"
- "'Tis me ape mates! The barrel is all yours!"
- "Step this way, friends! I've polished the bridge just for ye!"
- "Ahoy there me monkey mateys! Fare ye well on this fine day!"
- "If yers get into any trouble, Klubba 'ere will 'elp ye out!"
- "Over here, Kongs! The Kremling 'Lost World' awaits ye!"
- "Kap'n K. Rool treats us rotten. I hope yer scupper his plans!"
Leaving the kiosk
- "Come back and face me, yellow bellied dogs!"
- "Don't come back, y' scurvy dogs!"
- "I'll be waiting right 'ere, y' flea bitten monkeys!"
- "I hope I never see you again!"
- "Come back when you want a beating. Har! Har!"
- "You'll never beat us Kremlings this time!" (GBA version)
- "Give them a big hand folks! Good evening, I'm Swanky Kong and you're tonight's contestants on my Bonanza! It's easy to play! Just pick a game and you're away!"
Entering Swanky's Bonus Bonanza
- "Come on, let's have a round of applause for them!"
- "Welcome back! You've joined us as the Kongs are about to choose their game. No help from the audience, please."
- "Hi there, Kongs! I've got some amazing star prizes just waiting to be won!"
- "What do you do for a living? Video game heroes you say? Well, that's great! Hit the button and let's play!"
- "It's great to see you back! I wish you could win everything. I really do!"
- "Don't be nervous. We all want you to win, don't we folks? That's right, they're all behind you!"
- "Right this way! I've got three wonderful games just for you! Take your time and make your choice!"
- "Alright! Onto the next round..."
- "Well done! Let's have another..."
- "Good answer! Here we go again..."
- "You clever little monkey! Now, listen carefully..."
- "Yesssss! Let's play on..."
- "That's correct! Here's the one..."
- "O.K., try this one..."
- "That's what I'm looking for! Next one please..."
- "Oh no.... I thought you'd know that!"
- "I'm sorry, but that's not the answer I've got here."
- "Good try, but that's wrong."
- "Sorry, that's not what I'm looking for."
- "Close, but no close enough I'm afraid."
- "That's not quite right. Better luck next time!"
- "I can't believe how stupid you... er, I mean, hard luck."
- "Awww... I'm afraid that's not correct."
Winning a prize
- "I knew you'd win this time!"
- "Well done! You got them all right!"
- "All correct, folks! Didn't they do well?"
- "Three out of three, you're pretty good at this!"
- "We have a winner here tonight!"
- "Alllll-right! The little monkey is a winner!"
- "Nice going guys. Here's your prize!"
- "Well played! Here, you deserve this!"
Not enough Banana Coins
- "Too bad, I really wanted you to play that game."
- "Hard luck folks, you haven't got enough to play that game."
- "Not enough I'm afraid. Y'know what tokens make! Prizes!"
- "Go and fetch some more tokens and come back next week."
- "Awww, that's real shame. You must collect some more."
- "I'm really sorry, but you need more tokens."
Leaving Swanky's Bonus Bonanza
- "Everyone is a winner here!"
- "See you next week!"
- "Until the next time, here on Swanky's Bonus Bonanza!"
- "I hope we'll see you back next week!"
- "You've been great contestants!"
- "Didn't they do well!"
- "If you fancy a game, you know my name!"
Completing all quizzes (GBA)
- "Well done. You have cleared me out. The only thing I have left is this tatty old photo. Here, you might as well have it."
Story intro (GBA version)
- "I thought we'd seen the last of that old rascal."
- "Hello, dearies. I'm Mrs. Wrinkly Kong, headmistress here at Kong Kollege."
- "I'm available to teach courses on how to play this game, or you can just pop in when you want to save your little old game. Now then, how can I help you?" (SNES version)
- "I'm available to teach courses on how to play this game." (GBA version)
- "Use ↑ and ↓ on the between the options on my menu." (GBA version)
- "Now then, how can I help you?" (GBA version)
Entering Kong Kollege
- "Well! Just look at those sums those Kremlings have done. Disgraceful!"
- "Come on in and sit down, children. I'm sure all that running around has made you tired."
- "When you see Kaptain K. Rool, can you ask him if he has done his homework?"
- "Have you been to see my husband Cranky? He complains a little, but he does know everything about this island."
- "You're looking a little weary dear. Would you like to save your game?"
- "I hope you're better behaved than those reptiles. Why, I even caught one sharpening his sword in class yesterday!"
- "Hurry along! School is nearly finished! You need to study a little more if you're going to beat the Kremlings!"
- "Those nasty Kremlings must have all the tokens! Go and grab some and come back later."
- "Those naughty crocodiles! All they want to learn is how to fight and squash monkeys, Tsk!"
- "A gold coin with a bunch of bananas on it, collect these and spend them in the various Kong Family locations found throughout the island." (about Banana Coins)
- "Press the Button to swim. Pressing Up or Down on the directional keypad while swinging or floating will affect the speed that you sink or swim." (about swimming)
- "Jump on the target to finish the level. If you jump from a sufficient height, you will win the displayed prize." (about the End of Level Target)
- "Press and hold the button to power him up, then release it for his Supercharge. Use this to destroy enemies and break open hidden doors!" (about Rambi's Supercharge)
- "When you have both characters, press the button to team up. You can throw your partner to defeat enemies and reach inaccessible features. Press again to split up." (about Team Up)
- "Throw Krow's eggs back at him. He won't like it!" (about Krow)
- "To make your snake buddy jump in mid air, walk off an edge and press the jump button as he falls." (about Rattly)
- "Press and hold the button when you are on the ropes and you will climb up and down them faster than normal." (about climb in ropes)
- "Collect all four of these on a level to earn an extra life!" (about KONG letters)
- "To create a web platform, press the button or either of the top and . Press the button again to stop the web and form a platform in the desired position." (about Squitter's web platforms)
- "For every bonus level complete, you will get one of these. Collect a lot and you can use then at Klubba's Kiosk." (about Kremkoins)
- "When you hit Kleever, quickly get across to the other side before he gets angry." (about Kleever)
- "Jump in these to transform into the animal shown on the side of the barrel." (about Animal Barrels)
- "If you hold the jump button down while jumping on an enemy, you will bounce higher and further than normal." (about jumping on enemies)
- "There are three types. Red is worth 1 life, Green is worth 2 lives and the rare Blue balloon is worth 3 lives!" (about Extra Lives Balloons)
- "Press the button to power him up, then release it to access normally unreachable areas." (about Rattly's Superjump)
- "A very large coin with 'DK' on it, each level has one, cunningly hidden by Cranky. Collect these to increase your status as a video game hero." (about DK Coins)
- "When Kudgel lands, he'll shake the screen and immobilize you! Be careful!" (about Kudgel)
- "Doors are hidden on the sides of walls and can be broken into by throwing objects at them or using your animal buddies." (about secret doors)
- "Press to roll off and edge, then press to jump as you fall. You can increase your jumping distance this way." (about the roll jump)
- "Destroy the small Zinger and his drones quickly, or they'll reappear after a while." (about King Zing)
- "Walls that look solid could contain secret passages that you can use to access hidden areas or shortcuts." (about secret passages)
- "Each level has between one and three of these. Complete all the bonuses on a level to gain 1%." (about Bonus Areas)
- "Jump on the different colored Mini-Neckys to gain the necessary objects to fight the ghost of Krow." (about Kreepy Krow)
K. Rool's Keep
- "Finding these aren't necessary but they will be useful if you can. Items become visible when you touch them." (about invisible items)
- "Press the button to power him up, then release it for his Superstab. Use this to break open hidden door!" (about Enguarde's Superstab)
The Flying Krock
- "All but one of my lessons are useful in your quest."
- "Make sure you have plenty of lives!!" (about Kaptain K. Rool)
Advice (GBA version)
- "You want a homework project, do you? You are good children. Well, I have the very thing."
- "Here, take this empty book. I want you to fill it with pictures of all the strange creatures you encounter."
- "How do you get the pictures? Well, it is simple. Just look out for any bad guys with a camera above their heads."
- "When you defeat them, you will be awarded a picture. I have heard there are also a few cameras lying around on the levels, just waiting to be picked up."
- "For each page you fill with pictures, I will give you one of these strange Hero Coins that my husband left lying around."
- "You haven't got enough pictures to fill a page yet. Come back when you have gained more pictures."
Not enough Banana Coins
- "My, that is a lot isn't it? Try to find some more tokens."
- "Oh dearie me! That's not quite enough, is it?"
- "Oh dear, I'm afraid you'll need a few more for that."
- "Education is not chap these days. I'm sure you'll find a few more tokens if you look!"
- "Those nasty Kremlings must have all the tokens! Go and grab some and come back later."
- "Sorry dear, but I've got to pay for a new blackboard."
Leaving Kong Kollege
- "Don't be a stranger now."
- "Try to make it to my next class."
- "Come back if you've got any problems now."
- "Goodbye, dearies."
- "Good luck, children."
- "Take care, dearies."
- "I'll be here if you need me."
- "Be careful now, Kongs."