Switch Pegs are variants of pegs appearing in DK: King of Swing. They appear as a lever with two pegs for handles attached to either a red, green, or blue box. If held onto with both hands, the lever is pulled down, revealing additional Peg Boards or pegs to help Donkey Kong progress through the level. Donkey Kong is able to pull the lever down if the player presses and holds both and while he is on the Switch Peg. They first appear in the level Contraption Cave in the Jungle World.
DK: King of Swing instruction booklet
- "Grab with both hands to lower the lever and operate the mechanism."
DK: Jungle Climber in-game tutorial
- Xananab: "The Glass Labyrinth sure is a strange place, fanana. You have to pay CLOSE attention, or it's easy to get tricked, fanana! You need to use the switch pegs above to keep going, fanana. Grab the switch pegs with both hands or they won't work work bo bork!"
Names in other languages
|Italian||Appiglio a barra||Plank handhold|
- DK: King of Swing instruction booklet, page 15.
- Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber English instruction booklet, page 14.
- Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber Japanese instruction booklet, page 19.
- DK: King of Swing European instruction booklet, page 113.
|DK: Jungle Climber|
|Characters||Playable||Donkey Kong • Diddy Kong • Dixie Kong • Funky Kong|
|Non-playable||Candy Kong • Cranky Kong • Wrinkly Kong • Xananab|
|Enemies and obstacles||Bramble • Click-Clack • Flipflap • Flitter • Ghost • Klobber • Kritter • Lockjaw • Mini-Necky • Neek • Puftup • Shuri • Spike • Zinger|
|Bosses||Banana Ship • Junklomp • Mega Amp • Draglinger • King K. Rool|
|Items||Banana • Banana Bunch • Banana Coin • Crystal Banana • Crystal Star • DK Coin • Gem • Hammer • KONG Panels • Oil barrel • Torch • Wings|
|Objects||Booster Barrel • Cannon Barrel • DK Barrel • Giant flower • Handle Peg • Iron Barrel • Jack Peg • Mine • Peg • Peg Board • Question Barrel • Rock • Spike • Spirowarp • Spinner Barrel • Spinning Peg • Switch Peg • TNT Barrel|
|Worlds||Sun Sun Island • Lost Island • Ghost Island • Chill 'n' Char Island • High-High Island • Wormhole • Extra Stages|
|Minigames||Rolling Panic • Banana Grab • Speed Climb • Throw 'n' Crush • Orange Picker • Booster Battle • Banana Bonanza|