Cranky's Kong Pad
|Cranky's Kong Pad|
A Donkey Pad from Donkey Kong 64.
|First appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
Cranky's Kong Pads are a series of pads that depict one of the Kong's faces in Donkey Kong 64. The Kong depicted on the pad can use it after they learn their associated special move at Cranky's Lab. While the Kong is standing on their pad, the player can press to have that Kong perform their move from it. Cranky's Kong Pads are essential in solving some puzzles, and therefore obtaining some of the Golden Bananas.
- Baboon Blast: a Donkey Pad blasts Donkey Kong into the sky to start a Barrel Blast challenge.
- Simian Spring: a Diddy Pad allows Diddy Kong to spring on his tail and reach higher areas.
- Baboon Balloon: a Lanky Pad allows Lanky Kong to temporarily inflate to reach normally unreachable areas.
- Monkeyport: a Tiny Pad transports Tiny Kong to transport to its paired Tiny Pad.
- Gorilla Gone: a Chunky Pad allows Chunky Kong to become invisible, revealing hidden objects.
- Donkey Kong 64 instruction booklet, page 26.