A Peanut Switch from Donkey Kong 64
|First appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
Target Switches, also known as Switches and Fruit and Nut Switches, are switches that can be activated by the Kongs' shooters in Donkey Kong 64. These switches have numerous different functions, such as opening doors, activating platforms, etc., and can be found in all the levels of Donkey Kong 64. There are five types of these switches that can be activated only by a specific Kong, with each type of Target Switch having a symbol of what type of ammo it needs to be hit with on it. The types of switches are:
- Coconut Switch: Can be activated only by Donkey Kong's Coconut Shooter.
- Peanut Switch: Can be activated only by Diddy Kong's Peanut Popguns.
- Grape Switch: Can be activated only by Lanky Kong's Grape Shooter.
- Feather Switch: Can be activated only by Tiny Kong's Feather Bow.
- Pineapple Switch: Can be activated only by Chunky Kong's Pineapple Launcher.
Names in other languages
- Bihldorff, Nate, Jason Leung, and Drew Williams. Donkey Kong 64 Player's Guide. Page 13.
- Donkey Kong 64 instruction booklet, page 25.
- Barton, Jeff, Mario De Govia, and Donato Tica. Donkey Kong 64 Prima Official Game Guide. Page 19.
- 「ドンキーコング64任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Donkey Kong 64 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 11.