A Peanut Switch from Donkey Kong 64.
|First appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
Target Switches, also known as Switch and Fruit and Nut Switches, are switches that can be activated by the Kongs' shooters in Donkey Kong 64. These switches have numerous different functions, such as opening doors, activating platforms, etc. and can be found in all the levels of Donkey Kong 64. There are five types of these switches that can only be activated by a specific Kong, with each type of Target Switch having a symbol of what type of ammo they need to be hit with on them. The types of switches are:
- Coconut Switch: Can only be activated by Donkey Kong's Coconut Shooter.
- Peanut Switch: Can only be activated by Diddy Kong's Peanut Popguns.
- Grape Switch: Can only be activated by Lanky Kong's Grape Shooter.
- Feather Switch: Can only be activated by Tiny Kong's Feather Bow.
- Pineapple Switch: Can only be activated by Chunky Kong's Pineapple Launcher.
Names in other languages
- Bihldorff, Nate, Jason Leung, and Drew Williams. Donkey Kong 64 Player's Guide. Page 13.
- Donkey Kong 64 instruction booklet, page 25.
- Barton, Jeff, Mario De Govia, and Donato Tica. Donkey Kong 64 Prima Official Game Guide. Page 19.
- 「ドンキーコング64任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Donkey Kong 64 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 11.