A blue Chunky Kong Switch from Donkey Kong 64.
|First appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
Kong Switches, or Floor Switches, are switches that appear in the game Donkey Kong 64. There are three different colored switches, with each switch having a Kong's face displayed. Only the specific Kong can activate the switch with their face. The Kong Switches usually open a pathway or reveal a secret area. The first Kong Switch of Jungle Japes can automatically be activated if Donkey Kong lands on it.
The different colored switches are:
- Green Switch: Can be activated with a Simian Slam.
- Blue Switch: Can be activated with a Super Simian Slam. These switches begin to appear once the player reaches Fungi Forest. Though one appears in Gloomy Galleon's lobby in DK Isle.
- Red Switch: Can be activated with a Super Duper Simian Slam. These switches only appear in Creepy Castle.
- Four blue Kong Switches appear during Chunky's battle with King K. Rool. If the player uses various glitches to access the battle while still having the Simian Slam, these switches can still be pressed.
Names in other languages
- Bihldorff, Nate, Jason Leung, and Drew Williams. Donkey Kong 64 Player's Guide. Page 13.
- Barton, Jeff, Mario De Govia, and Donato Tica. Donkey Kong 64 Prima Official Game Guide. Page 19.
- 「ドンキーコング64任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Donkey Kong 64 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 11.