Candy's Music Shop
|Candy's Music Shop|
|First appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
In this store, the Kongs can each purchase their own instrument and upgrades for them. There are two instances where Candy adds an extra Watermelon to their life bar. After purchasing their instrument, the active Kong can have Candy replenish their instrument's energy, but this is also doable with Headphones.
Each Kong can purchase their instrument for three Banana Coins. By default, their instrument can be used up to ten times without a Music Pad. After the first Kong purchases their instrument, Candy increases every Kong's life bar capacity to two Watermelons.
- Donkey Kong – bongo drums (Bongo Blast)
- Diddy Kong – star-shaped electric guitar (Guitar Gazump)
- Lanky Kong – trombone (Trombone Tremor)
- Tiny Kong – alto saxophone (Saxophone Slam)
- Chunky Kong – triangle (Triangle Trample)
Aside from the instruments, Candy offers a few more upgrades that slightly increases the Kongs' instrument capacity without using a Music Pad:
- Starting with Gloomy Galleon, the Kongs can perform up to 15 times if they pay five Banana Coins.
- Starting with Crystal Caves, the Kongs can perform up to 20 times if they pay seven Banana Coins. Candy also adds a third Watermelon to the Kongs' health bar.
- Starting with Creepy Castle, the Kongs can perform up to 25 times if they pay nine Banana Coins.
- Angry Aztec – The area with the Llama's prison
- Frantic Factory – back of the Storage Room (on the opposite side of Cranky's Lab)
- Gloomy Galleon – shipwreck area (between the pirate seal after his release, and Bananaporter 4)
- Crystal Caves – cabin area
- Creepy Castle – inside the castle on the first floor
Names in other languages
|French||Instruments de Candy||-|
|Spanish||Tienda de Candy||-|
- The instruments from the opening of Banjo-Kazooie, including the xylophone, kazoo, and banjo, appear in the background of Candy's Music Shop, and are covered in cobwebs.
- In Gloomy Galleon, during a cutscene where the pirate Seal is freed after Donkey Kong's Baboon Blast challenge, Candy's Music Shop appears but then disappears in the next few seconds before the cutscene fades out.
- Additionally, the rear view of Candy's Music Shop is only seen in Gloomy Galleon, where it is located on a floating broken piece of a shipwreck.
- Candy's Music Shop is twice its usual size in Creepy Castle, therefore making it impossible for the Kongs to reach the awning above the entrance and the roof.
- Bogenn, Tim, and Ken Schmidt. Donkey Kong 64 Official Strategy Guide. Page 13.