A flame, also referred to as a fireball or fire beast, is a walking fireball enemy that wears sunglasses in Donkey Kong 64. Flames appear only in Crystal Caves within an igloo that only Chunky Kong can access. Inside, the Rabbit is tied to a TNT Barrel, and the flames walk toward it, trying to light the fuse. Chunky must prevent the flames from touching the TNT Barrel within a time limit, or else the TNT Barrel will explode with the Rabbit. If a flame touches the barrel, the barrel will explode. When flames are about to blow up, they let out a short, high-pitched cackle. Although flames are made of fire, Chunky can still defeat them with physical attacks. When the time runs out and the flames do not touch the TNT Barrel, Chunky is rewarded with a Golden Banana.
Names in other languages
- A flame's laugh uses a high-pitched version of the laugh used for Baron Samedi in Rare's GoldenEye 007.
- ^ Bihldorff, Nate, Jason Leung, and Drew Williams. Donkey Kong 64 Player's Guide. Page 94.
- ^ a b Bogenn, Tim, and Ken Schmidt. Donkey Kong 64 Official Strategy Guide. Page 112.
- ^ https://web.archive.org/web/20000229072052/http://www.nintendo.com/n64/donkeykong64/cc.html
- ^ Lockhart, Ryan. Donkey Kong 64 Official Perfect Guide. Page 85.
- ^ Barton, Jeff, Mario De Govia, and Donato Tica. Donkey Kong 64 Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 125.
- ^ 「ドンキーコング64任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Donkey Kong 64 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 105.