|First appearance||Donkey Kong 64 (1999)|
Funky's Store, also called Funky's Armory, is a location run by Funky Kong in Donkey Kong 64, where he sells weapons and upgrades to the Kongs. The location is a wooden shack with a set of three large bananas on top. The music and atmosphere of Funky's Store is based on an army surplus store; the location even has a front sign reading "ARMORY". The Kongs can also visit Funky's Store to have their ammo supply replenished if it is below the maximum amount.
In the game's kiosk demo, the building exterior's sign reads "ARMOURY". Both the satellite and the satellite dish are absent from the roof.
Each of the five Kongs can obtain a personal weapon from Funky's Store by taking their respective first visit. Funky sells a weapon to the active Kong if they pay three Banana Bunch Coins.
|Donkey Kong||Coconut Shooter|
|Diddy Kong||Peanut Popguns|
|Lanky Kong||Grape Shooter|
|Tiny Kong||Feather Bow|
|Chunky Kong||Pineapple Launcher|
By default, every Kong's weapon only carries up to 50 ammo. They can purchase a few extra upgrades for their weapons later in their adventure. Although Funky Kong doesn't outright say so, the Ammo Belts also increase the Kongs' orange capacity.
|Ammo Belt 1||3 Banana Bunch Coins||Increases the maximum capacity of the Kongs' weapons to 100 ammo, and increases their orange capacity from 20 to 25.||Frantic Factory|
|Homing Ammo||5 Banana Bunch Coins||Allows the Kongs to use homing ammo, which causes their shots to home in on enemies. The maximum amount of homing ammo the Kongs can carry is equal to the maximum capacity of their normal ammo.||Fungi Forest|
|Ammo Belt 2||5 Banana Bunch Coins||Increases the maximum capacity of the Kongs' weapons to 200 ammo, and their orange capacity to 30.||Crystal Caves|
|Sniper Scope||7 Banana Bunch Coins||Allows the Kongs to shoot ammo farther while in a first-person view.||Creepy Castle|
- Jungle Japes – The middle cliff of Central Area
- Angry Aztec – Llama's Temple Area
- Frantic Factory – Testing Department
- Gloomy Galleon – Shipwreck Area (behind the fifth Bananaport Pad and two extra broken ship pieces, above the sunken submarine)
- Fungi Forest – Garden Area
- Crystal Caves – Ice Castle Area, on the cliffside below Lanky Kong's Kasplat
- Creepy Castle – Castle crypt
Names in other languages
Fankī no Omise
|French||Boutique de Funky||Funky's Store|
|German||Funkys Arsenal||Funky's Arsenal|
|Spanish||Armería de Funky||Funky's Armory|
- Bogenn, Tim, and Ken Schmidt. Donkey Kong 64 Official Strategy Guide. Page 13.
- Domtendo. (May 27, 2019). DONKEY KONG 64 🍌 #2: Diddy Kong gefangen im Tropen Trubel. YouTube. Retrieved June 20, 2021.