- This article is about the hazard from the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong and Mario vs. Donkey Kong. For the harmful goop that covers the ocean of Ricco Harbor in Super Mario Sunshine, see Slimy water.
Artwork of Oil from Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten
|First appearance||Donkey Kong (1994)|
|Latest appearance||Mario vs. Donkey Kong (2004)|
Oil is an obstacle in the game Donkey Kong on the Game Boy. It first appears in Stage 1-1 in the Big-City, later appearing in Stage 1-2 and much later in Stage 8-11 in Rocky-Valley. It consists of fire in a tin resembling an oil drum with the text "oil" written on it. It floats up and down in place without trying to attack Mario, but touching it is deadly. It can be defeated with the hammer.
Oil reappears in Mario vs. Donkey Kong and behaves the same way, with the can now even more resembling an oil drum.
Profiles and statistics
Tribe: Ghost clan
Game appearances: GB Donkey
You're a character with a name tag.
A burning flame on a plate labelled OIL. Like other fire ghosts, you will be burned just by touching them. Watch their up and down movements and run past them.
Names in other languages
- Game Boy Donkey Kong English instruction booklet, page 21.
- 「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 48.
- Game Boy Donkey Kong Japanese instruction booklet, page 19.
- Kazuki, Motoyama. Volume 29 of the KC Deluxe manga, page 68.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong Shogakukan book
- Game Boy Donkey Kong Dutch Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console digital manual, tab 15: "Tips".