- Not to be confused with Construction Zone.
The Construction Site, also known as the Start, is a location from Donkey Kong for the Arcade and Donkey Kong for Game Boy. It is a building that is being constructed. When Donkey Kong kidnapped Pauline, he climbed up the construction site with her. When Mario attempted to pursue him, Donkey Kong began throwing barrels down at him.
The Game Boy version of the game indicated it was located in the vicinity of Big-City, while Donkey Kong Country: Rumble in the Jungle stated it was Big Ape City from Donkey Kong Land (also indicated, but not explicitly stated by the game's instruction book). Currently, it is stated to be located in the Metro Kingdom of Super Mario Odyssey.
In Donkey Kong, the entire game takes place in the construction site. Mario must reach the top to catch Donkey Kong.
Donkey Kong (Game Boy)
In the Game Boy game Donkey Kong, the game begins at a recreation of the original construction site. However, after Mario pursues Donkey Kong to the top, Donkey Kong grabs Pauline and flees to Big-City.
|Level||Image (Arcade)||Image (Game Boy)||Enemy species and obstacles encountered|
|25m||Donkey Kong, Barrels, Oil drum, Fireballs|
|50m||Donkey Kong, Fireballs, Oil drum, Cement tubs|
|75m||Donkey Kong, Fireballs, Jacks|
|100m||Donkey Kong, Fires|
Names in other languages
- Game Boy Donkey Kong English Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console digital manual, tab 14.
- Game Boy Donkey Kong English instruction booklet, page 14.
- "「ニュードンク・シティ」の建物に描かれているグラフィティです。懐かしい人には懐かしい！？街の歴史に関係した絵なんです。" — Super Mario Odyssey (JP), on Twitter
- "You might stumble across some graffiti in New Donk City. This piece has some kind of link to the city's history... " — Super Mario UK, on Twitter
- Game Boy Donkey Kong Japanese instruction booklet, page 15.
- Game Boy Donkey Kong Dutch Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console digital manual, tab 14: "Gebieden".
- Game Boy Donkey Kong French Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console digital manual, tab 14.