Artwork of a Rappy from Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten
|First appearance||Donkey Kong (Game Boy) (1994)|
Rappy is a rat-like enemy from the game Donkey Kong on the Game Boy. Rappies appear in Stage 1-2 in the Big-City for the first time. There, Rappies are found on floating platforms in the air. They circle completely around the platforms, even walking on the bottom side. In other stages, they also walk around the entire border of the level, even over spikes. They cannot hurt Mario, but they can push him off the platform if he is in their way. They can also be stood on, but not picked up.
Profiles and statistics
Tribe: Beast clan
Game appearances: GB Donkey
I'm perfectly fine with bumping into you.
Rats walk around along the wall. Touching them does not damage them. You can ride on top of them, which gives you a foothold, but you cannot hold them. Be careful, as you may be pushed and dropped down.
Names in other languages
|Derived from "rat" and the diminutive suffix "-py"|
- Game Boy Donkey Kong English instruction booklet, page 21.
- 「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 227.
- Game Boy Donkey Kong Japanese instruction booklet, page 19.
- Kazuki, Motoyama. Volume 29 of the KC Deluxe manga, page 68.
- Game Boy Donkey Kong Dutch Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console digital manual, tab 15: "Tips".