Artwork of a Bowbow from Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten
|First appearance||Donkey Kong (Game Boy) (1994)|
Bowbows walk astray on their platform and turn around when they reach an edge. They do not attempt to charge at Mario, but they defeat him if he runs into them. Standing on them is possible, and they can be picked up and thrown at other enemies. If Mario approaches them with the hammer, they run in panic in the direction they are currently facing, which might actually bring them closer to Mario.
Profiles and statistics
Tribe: Beast clan
Game appearances: GB Donkey
A barking watchdog!!
A small-fry character that appears in many Donkey Kong games. It is a monster in the shape of a dog, and wanders around. He can be ridden on top of, so he is not much of a hindrance.
Names in other languages
|Possibly a partial repetition of the onomatopoeic term for a dog’s bark, "bow-wow"|
- Game Boy Donkey Kong English instruction booklet, page 21.
- 「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 148.
- Game Boy Donkey Kong Japanese instruction booklet, page 19.
- Kazuki, Motoyama. Volume 29 of the KC Deluxe manga, page 68.
- Game Boy Donkey Kong Dutch Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console digital manual, tab 15: "Tips".