Toy box (object)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
In Mario vs. Donkey Kong, toy boxes appear in every Mini-Mario level. When the player starts a Mini-Mario level, two Toads appear, carrying a toy box. They then both throw it in the sky, and it drops to the ground in an area of the Mini-Mario level. When Mario successfully retrieves all the Mini-Marios in the level, he must lure all of them into the toy box. After this, Mario has to first close and lock the toy box by jumping on top of it, and then the player must press to carry it up high as they complete the level.
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!
In Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem!, toy boxes are featured in the minigame levels. In odd-numbered attractions, there are two types of toy boxes: score boxes have a red border, yellow sides, and a star on the front, while Minus Boxes have a grey border, black sides, and a red X symbol on the front. Dropping a Mini of any character into a score box earns points according to the multiplier below the score box, which is applied to the number of points that the Mini type is worth. Dropping Minis into a Minus Box instead subtracts points according to the Minus Box's multiplier. In even-numbered attractions, toy boxes instead feature a Mini's face on them, and dropping a Mini of a certain character into its corresponding toy box earns 100 points, while dropping a Mini into the incorrect toy box does not earn or subtract any points.
Names in other languages
|French||Boîte à jouets||Toy box|
|Spanish||Caja de juguetes
Caja de Juguetes
|Box of toys|
Box of Toys
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong North American instruction booklet, page 27.
- "In a minigame, you score points by guiding the toys that appear from the pipes into the toy boxes at the bottom of the screen." – Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! instruction booklet, page 23.
- "Score boxes are marked with a number indicating how many points you will earn for guiding a Mini Toy into that toy box. Minus Boxes decrease your score." – Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Mini-Land Mayhem! instruction booklet, page 23.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong Japanese instruction booklet, page 10.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong European instruction booklet, page 59.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong European instruction booklet, page 39.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong European instruction booklet, page 119.
- Mario vs. Donkey Kong European instruction booklet, page 99.
- Official Mario vs. Donkey Kong website (Guías Nintendo)