- This article is about the type of Snifit exclusive to Yoshi's Island DS. For the type of Bandit found in several Yoshi games, see Zeus Guy.
Scorchits (also dubbed Zeus Guys) are a type of Snifit only appearing in Yoshi's Island DS. Scorchits have the ability to fire four balls of fire that harm Yoshi. They can inadvertently help Yoshi out by melting unbreakable ice that even Baby Bowser cannot reach. Unlike most other types of Shy Guys in Yoshi's Island DS, they have a many-framed walking animation similar to their counterpart from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, though the only times they are shown walking is when they are on platforms only slightly wider than themselves, essentially just causing them to turn around. When on larger amounts of ground, they stand in place instead. Some of them only shoot forwards, while others will swing their stream of fire upwards and downwards. They appear in the Island Museum in the subterranean enemy exhibit.
During the development of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Snifits with the ability to breathe fire were considered.
Names in other languages
- ^ Black, Fletcher. Yoshi's Island DS PRIMA Official Game Guide. Pages 79, 239, 242, 243, 248, 303.
- ^ Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island DS Player's Guide. Pages 31, 110, 135.
- ^ TCRF. Development:Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island/Sprites#Snifit. The Cutting Room Floor. Retrieved November 12, 2021.
- ^ 「ヨッシーアイランドDS任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's Island DS Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 22.