|First appearance||Super Mario Maker (2015)|
|Latest appearance||Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)|
- “All right, ya lousy bunch of blocks! This is gonna hurt me a lot more than it hurts you!”
- —Mr. Eraser, Super Mario Maker 2
Mr. Eraser is an ally in Super Mario Maker, its Nintendo 3DS port, and its sequel, Super Mario Maker 2, who takes the shape of an eraser with legs and eyes. His icon is placed on the right hand side of the level creation screen, under Coursebot. Upon his icon being tapped, the player is able to erase course parts and sound effects. He has three official courses made by him in Super Mario Maker. Super Mario Maker 2 features Mr. Eraser in the game's story mode, appearing for the first time as a 3D model.
As seen in the game's E3 2014 trailer, there was originally an eraser that had a letter "E" on it, similar to the one in Mario Paint, which had the exact same effect. This old icon was later replaced with Mr. Eraser.
In Super Mario Maker 2, he has a more important role in Story Mode. In this game, he has courses, which are needed to help him to erase blocks that block a pipe's path. His catchphase is "Adios, amigo!", which means "Bye, friend!" in Spanish. He has a shady, criminal-like demeanor in many of his quotes, saying things such as "We never met" after finishing a job.
If the player tries to erase the player character in the editor using Mr. Eraser, the character crouches and quivers in fear while sweating and yelling. Despite this, Mr. Eraser has no effect on the character.
Story Mode jobs by Mr. Eraser
|Course name||Game style||Course theme(s)||Difficulty||Payment|
|Molten Rain||★☆☆☆||Erasing the blocks on the pipe|
|Spiny Busters||★★☆☆||Erasing the blocks blocking the path forward|
|Target: A Single Pom Pom||★★★☆||Refreshing Shirt|
Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS
- Digital instruction manual bio: "Mr. Eraser will wash away your mistakes. Simply tap this icon to activate the eraser, and then touch the element you want eliminated. Touch the eraser icon again to put it away."
Super Mario Maker 2
- "*squeak squeak*"
- "Hey, kid... Looks like you've been hard at work."
- "I suppose it's time I get back to work myself. Adios..."
- "Hey, kid... Wanna help me out with a job?"
- "You help me out, I'll erase the blocks on top of that Pipe over there."
- "I'm counting on you."
- "Nice work, kid. I'll off those blocks now."
- "*ahem* All right, ya lousy bunch of blocks! This is gonna hurt me a lot more than it hurts you!"
- "Hey, kid... Wanna help me out with another job?"
- "You help me out, I'll erase the blocks gumming up that path over there."
- "Hey, kid... I got one last job for you."
- "You help me out, I'll give you some fancy clothes."
- "Nice work, kid. We never met."
- "What is it, kid? Does some doubt still linger about the path you've chosen?"
- "Very well. Allow me to erase the stain of doubt from your heart!"
- "Let us cleanse ourselves!"
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||M. Efface||Mr. Erase|
|French (NOE)||M. Gomme||Mr. Eraser|
|German||Herr Radierer||Mr. Eraser|
|Italian||Mr. Gomma||Mr. Eraser|
|Spanish||Sr. Gómez||Mr. Gómez; pun on "goma" (eraser) and the surname "Gómez"|