Blue Mushroom House
- This article is about the minigame found in World-e. For the special floating Toad House that appears blue in Super Mario All-Stars and Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3, see Toad House § White Mushroom House.
- “Dig! Dig! Dig! Dig to your heart's content! It's only 30 coins per game.”
- —Toad, Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3
The Blue Mushroom House is a blue-colored Toad House that contains one of the special minigames found in World-e in Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3. The Toad House is unlocked after 30 Advance Coins are collected. The player must pay 30 coins each time they play this minigame. Until the release of the Virtual Console version of the game, the Blue Mushroom House was also the only Mushroom House that could be made accessible by the player, largely due to the premature cancellation of the e-Reader line outside Japan.
With a 100-second time limit, Mario (or Luigi) starts the minigame in a cave atop two sections of soft sand (first seen in Super Mario Bros. 2). Mario must choose one of them and dig until he falls to another level. There are more sections from which to choose (two for each previous section). Digging once more, Mario falls to a small area divided into four areas. One of them contains a treasure box, while the others are empty. If the player digs to the box, they will get a random item, but they will lose if they reach an empty dead end.
- The overall premise of the minigame resembles the minigame Pipe Maze from Mario Party, although the main difference is that the treasure is guided to the player, while the player has to find the treasure in the former.
- Hodgson, David S J. Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 111. "Your level entrance area of the map keeps track of how many Coins you have collected and how many more you need. Even if you collect all the Coins in the level presented with the game, and all 10 extra levels presented on the Series 1 and 2 e-Reader cards, you still only have a maximum of 44 Coins to collect, which means you can only open the first Blue Mushroom House."