|First appearance||Super Mario Land (1989)|
Biokinton, also known as Brokinton, is the fourth boss in the game Super Mario Land. He is an extremely shy creature who hides behind a cloud, obscuring his body, which has never been seen. Biokinton is in charge of the Chai Kingdom.
In battle, Biokinton attacks by throwing Chickens at Mario in the Sky Pop. To defeat Biokinton, Mario has to shoot missiles at him. After twenty hits, Biokinton is defeated, and Mario fights Tatanga in the same arena. Mario is awarded 5000 points for defeating Biokinton.
Unlike the previous three bosses of the game, Biokinton does not resemble any lesser enemies, although his aeriform disguise makes him resemble a Lakitu's Cloud. In addition, there is no switch that will automatically destroy him when activated - he must be defeated with the Sky Pop's missiles. The same applies to Tatanga, though both explode upon defeat in a similar fashion to the previous bosses.
Biokinton appears in the Super Mario Land manga, depicted as the less threatening boss. After Mario crashes Tatanga and Princess Daisy's wedding, Tatanga then sends out Biokinton, who releases the Chickens onto Mario, but they do nothing to him. Furious, Tatanga takes off with the Pagosu and shoots at Mario, killing Biokinton in the process.
Super Mario Land
- Instruction booklet: The boss of the Chai Kingdom. Because of his shyness, he constantly hides inside a cloud. Up to now nobody has ever seen what he looks like. You can defeat him with 20 missiles.
- 3DS Virtual Console manual: This shy boss of the Chai Kingdom constantly hides inside a cloud. Up to now, no one has ever seen what he looks like. You can defeat him with 20 missiles.
性格 シャイ （内気）
Tribe: Ghost clan
Game appearances: Land 1
Boss of the Chai Kingdom
The boss of the Chai Kingdom in Super Mario Land. He is shy, so he hides in the clouds and does not show himself. The main body does not attack, but the Chickens (p. 109) that nest inside it do.
Names in other languages
|Possibly from「包」(bāo, Chinese word meaning "to wrap") + clipping of「筋斗雲」(Kinto'un, a Chinese legendary cloud-like conveyance)|
- Super Mario Land English instruction booklet, page 17.
- M. Arakawa. Nintendo Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 5.
- Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 150.
- Super Mario Land Japanese instruction booklet, page 21.
- Club Nintendo (Netherlands) Classic, page 9.
- Super Mario Land French instruction booklet, page 17.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pag. 47
|Super Mario Land|
|Protagonists||Mario • Princess Daisy|
|Bosses||King Totomesu • Dragonzamasu (Tamao) • Hiyoihoi • Biokinton (Chicken) • Tatanga (Pagosu)|
|Locations||Sarasaland (Birabuto Kingdom • Muda Kingdom • Easton Kingdom • Chai Kingdom)|
|Levels||World 1-1 • World 1-2 • World 1-3 • World 2-1 • World 2-2 • World 2-3 • World 3-1 • World 3-2 • World 3-3 • World 4-1 • World 4-2 • World 4-3 • Expert Level|
|Items & vehicles||Super Mushroom • Superball Flower • Star • 1UP heart • Coin • Marine Pop • Sky Pop • Switch • Lift Block|
|Enemies & obstacles||Batadon • Bombshell Koopa • Bullet Biff • Bunbun • Chikako • Dropping lift • Falling block • Falling spike • Fly • Ganchan • Gao • Gunion • Goombo • Honen • Kumo • Mekabon • Nyololin • Pionpi • Pipe Fist • Piranha Plant • Pompon Flower • Roketon • Roto Disc • Suu • Tokotoko • Torion • Yurarin • Yurarin Boo|
|Other||Brick • Bonus game • Das Super Mario Spiel • Gallery • Glitches • Goal • Media • Mystery Block • Soundtrack|