|First appearance||Super Mario Land (1989)|
Yurarin are seahorse enemies found in the Muda Kingdom in Super Mario Land, described as Dragonzamasu's underlings. Yurarin's attack patterns are very simple and easy to dodge. They simply float around at a slow speed, trying to hit Mario. Mario is awarded 400 points for shooting one twice with torpedoes supplied by his Marine Pop. They are only found in World 2-3 of the Muda Kingdom, the Marine Pop's stage. The big brothers of Yurarin, named Yurarin Boos, appear exclusively in the same kingdom as well. The only real difference between Yurarin and Yurarin Boo is that Yurarin Boo have the ability to shoot fire while Yurarin do not.
Yurarin make a brief appearance during the Dragonzamasu battle in the Super Mario Land manga, where they unsuccessfully attempt to crash into the Marine Pop. Later, they are seen being the first customers of the redeemed Yurarin Boo's takoyaki shop.
Super Mario Land
- Instruction booklet: This underling of Dragonzamasu lives in the water and trembles as it swims along. 2 torpedoes will defeat it.
- Game Boy Player's Guide: You'll meet seahorses underwater.
- 3DS Virtual Console manual: This underwater underling of Dragonzamasu trembles as it swims along. Defeat it with two torpedoes.
Tribe: Aqua clan
Game appearances: Land 1
You're a child of Dragonzamasu!?
A seahorse-shaped creature. It lives in the sea and swims in the water. You can dodge them as they are only swimming, and if you want to defeat them, you only need to hit them with two torpedoes.
Names in other languages
|Portmanteau of「ゆらり」(yurari, onomatopoeia for swaying) and Japanese endearing diminutive「~りん」(-rin)|
- Super Mario Land English instruction booklet, page 15.
- M. Arakawa. Nintendo Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 5.
- Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 224.
- Super Mario Land Japanese instruction booklet, page 17.
- Club Nintendo (Netherlands) Classic, page 8.
- Super Mario Land French instruction booklet, page 15.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pag. 47
|Super Mario Land|
|Protagonists||Mario • Princess Daisy|
|Bosses||King Totomesu • Dragonzamasu (Tamao) • Hiyoihoi • Biokinton (Chicken) • Tatanga (Pagosu)|
|Locations||Sarasaland (Birabuto Kingdom • Muda Kingdom • Easton Kingdom • Chai Kingdom)|
|Levels||World 1-1 • World 1-2 • World 1-3 • World 2-1 • World 2-2 • World 2-3 • World 3-1 • World 3-2 • World 3-3 • World 4-1 • World 4-2 • World 4-3 • Expert Level|
|Items & vehicles||Super Mushroom • Superball Flower • Star • 1UP heart • Coin • Marine Pop • Sky Pop • Switch • Lift Block|
|Enemies & obstacles||Batadon • Bombshell Koopa • Bullet Biff • Bunbun • Chikako • Dropping lift • Falling block • Falling spike • Fly • Ganchan • Gao • Gunion • Goombo • Honen • Kumo • Mekabon • Nyololin • Pionpi • Pipe Fist • Piranha Plant • Pompon Flower • Roketon • Roto Disc • Suu • Tokotoko • Torion • Yurarin • Yurarin Boo|
|Other||Brick • Bonus game • Das Super Mario Spiel • Gallery • Glitches • Goal • Media • Mystery Block • Soundtrack|