From the Super Mario Wiki, the Mario encyclopediaJump to navigationJump to search
- "Trap door" redirects here. For information about other trapdoors, see Trapdoor.
Spinning Platforms, also referred to as trapdoors (or trap doors), are simple mechanisms resembling floor tiles that are present in Donkey Kong Country Returns, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. They are noticeable by the empty gap underneath them. If pounded, Spinning Platforms start rotating around their axes for a short time, allowing the Kongs to fall under them. They usually lead to hidden underground chambers or bonus rooms, where the characters can find secrets. Spinning Platforms are semi-solid, meaning they can be walked on as on solid ground but can be crossed from beneath. While spinning, a Spinning Platform can defeat any enemy that comes into contact with it.
- ^ von Esmarch, Nick, and Cory van Grier. Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze Prima Official Game Guide. Page 25.
- ^ "Next, pound the trapdoor just to the barrel’s right." Knight, Michael. Donkey Kong Country Returns Prima Official Game Guide. Page 52.
- ^ "[...] and then pound a trapdoor to drop into a hidden area." Knight, Michael. Donkey Kong Country Returns Prima Official Game Guide. Page 135.
- ^ "Pound on this trap door to drop down into a secret area." Knight, Michael. Donkey Kong Country Returns Prima Official Game Guide. Page 135.