|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Before starting the level, various enemies are shown in the prologue, such as a Swooper Dooper that becomes surprised, a Painguin Tucks that raises its spear, and a pair of Fluffs hopping around the grassland. As soon as the prologue ends, the Kongs land on the ground, starting the level. One of the notable features in this level are the dancing baobab trees, whose shaking branches serve as moving platforms. Once the first dancing baobab tree section is passed, the Kongs reach to the place where elephant-like platforms swaying back and forth, making a footing slightly hard. These swaying platforms are constantly seen throughout the level, some of them having a little patch of grass that can be rolled into. When the grass is rolled into, something will be triggered, such as items, platforms that lift up Kongs, and so forth. Enemies, such as Tuckses, are sometimes on the branches of dancing baobab tree. Spiky barrels, rolling on the swaying platforms, serve as hazards that can hurt the Kongs. In what appears to be a dead end lies a bird-shaped platform with a patch of grass; when the Kongs rolls on the grass, the platform will change its face, and the rocky wall will crumble before the platform changes its face back to normal. A Barrel Cannon appears, taking the Kongs into the next area.
In the next area, what appears to be giraffe-shaped and zebra-shaped wooden figures are seen moving back and forth, and there are vines attached to them that the Kongs can hang on. The music will change once the Kongs reach this area, and is reminiscent of African chant music. At the end of a blue zebra figure lies a barrel cannon with a Banana Bunch and two Banana Coins that circle around it, as well as a huge, segmented giraffe-like pupper. Once the Kongs launch themselves onto the giraffe-like figure, its segments will explode one by one before sending the Kongs to a nearby ground. More baobab trees and moving platforms are seen in the next area. At the end of these platforms lies a third checkpoint with a baobab tree.
The music will change once again when the Kongs reach this area. Here, long platforms resembling snakes will move back and forth and each platform has patches of climbing grass on its back for the Kongs to hang onto. Given the fact that there are wooden gears, supporting pillars and everything such, there seem to be a set of wooden machine that moves the smaller platforms back and forth. Once the Kongs reach the top, there will be another Barrel Cannon that sends them to the bird-shaped platform on the top. Once again, the platform has a patch of grass on the top, and rolling on it causes all other platforms - resembling elephants, cheetahs, meerkats, and buffalos - to appear, along with a Slot Machine Barrel in the middle. Jumping into the barrel causes the Kongs to pummel the barrel, ending the level.
- K: On top of a patch of grass that can be rolled on. Once rolled on, a platform, as well as two coins and eight bananas will appear.
- O: Between a giraffe figure and a red zebra figure in the second area.
- N: On top of the first native-like platform.
- G: Between two snake-like platforms; players must stomp a Puffton in the middle.
- Once the Kongs have passed the platforms that shaped like an elephant, there is a lone banana on the branch of a baobab tree. Getting it causes a winged banana to appear, and players must collect bananas following it. When all bananas are collected, a flying banana will change into a Puzzle Piece.
- After the first bull-like platform, there is a lone baobab tree with a Pointy Tucks and a patch of grass on the bottom. Rolling on the grass reveals a plug that can be plucked. Plucking it reveals a Puzzle Piece.
- After the second Puzzle Piece, there are platforms in a shape of a bull. On a fourth one, the Kongs should jump onto the vine and climb up to reach a Plump Yellow Fruit, then hand slap it to get a Puzzle Piece.
- After the third piece, the Kongs must jump onto a Barrel Cannon; a Swooper Dooper is swerving around it. The barrel will launch them into the wall, and a Puzzle Piece will pop out along with the Kongs.
- As soon as the Kongs reach the second checkpoint, they should head to the left and roll on the grass to reveal a Puzzle Piece.
- At the end of wooden figures in the second area lies a blue zebra figure with Banana Bunches. Collecting all of them reveals a Puzzle Piece in the middle as well as four Red Balloons.
- After the giant giraffe figure, the Kongs should jump onto the second baobab tree and collect Banana Bunches on the top. Doing so reveals a Puzzle Piece.
- After the seventh piece, there are two swaying platforms. Rolling over the grass patch makes giraffe figures to pop up, and players must climb up to the top. On top of the platform is a Barrel Cannon that sends them to the secret area, in which the players must collect all bananas to get a Puzzle Piece.
- On the second snake-like platform with a heart and a Waldough, a flying banana is seen descending from the top. Collecting all the bananas that follow the flying banana makes it to change into a Puzzle Piece.
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w02_savannah/l01_savannah_parade.pak||l01_savannah_parade.pak||Savannah Level 1: Parade|
Names in other languages
|French||Carnaval animal||Animal Carnival|
|Italian||Tramonto Tribale||Tribal Sunset|
|Spanish||Carnaval animal||Animal Carnival|