|World||Donkey Kong Island|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|Music track||Snowmads Theme|
|** ** << Directory of levels >>|
Meltdown Mayhem is the penultimate level of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port, located in Donkey Kong Island. Corresponding to the Volcano level from Donkey Kong Country Returns, it takes place inside the frozen volcano. Along with Spinning Spines, this is one of two levels that feature lava as a main hazard.
The level starts out in front of a huge wooden door with a nearby DK Barrel; pounding the nearby switch three times reveals an opening to the inside of the frozen volcano. Throughout the level, ominous laughter from Lord Fredrik can be heard (though the voice used is that of Tiki Tong from Donkey Kong Country Returns).
Lava pillars are littered around the stage, and they often lift rock platforms which allows the Kongs to reach higher areas. One such area has an ice block above one of the platforms that can be used to reach a Rambi Crate. Snowballs on icy pillars can be used to cool lava temporarily, allowing the Kongs to cross; icy platforms also appear, and often fall and sink into the lava. Near the end of the level, the Kongs must outrun a huge lava wave and reach a barrel that leads to the goal barrel.
- K: On the third platform with a Tucks.
- O: On a sinking bridge-like block.
- N: Below a crumbling ice platform. The player must stomp a Hootz below to get it.
- G: Between two coins during the lava wave section.
- After hitting a switch three times, the player must go to the left to access to the secret area with several Banana Bunches. Then they have to collect them within 30 seconds to get a Puzzle Piece.
- After the letter O, the player needs to break the unstable pillar above the sinking platform to reveal bananas shaped like a diamond. Once collected, a Puzzle Piece is revealed in front of the platform with several breakable blocks that have Rambi's face carved onto them.
- In the third area, player must break the snowflake target that supports the ice platform. After that, the player must hand slap a Plump Yellow Fruit to reveal a Puzzle Piece.
- After breaking the third snowflake target, the player needs to go into the secret room directly, covered with an ice wall decorated with two fishbone spears and a shield.
- After the aforementioned secret room, there is a large snowball, which can cool the lava to make six small rock platforms. As lava pillars lift these rock platforms, player must collect the collectible items, which reveals a Puzzle Piece by doing so.
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w06_frozen/l08_frozen_volcanoRambi.pak||l08_frozen_volcanoRambi.pak||Frozen Level 8: Rambi Volcano|
Names in other languages
|French||Dangereux dégel||Dangerous Thaw|
|German||Magma Mia||Pun on the expression "Mamma Mia".|
|Italian||Viaggio Vulcanico||Volcanic Journey|
|Spanish||Incursión en la erupción||Raid on the Eruption|