|World||Donkey Kong Island|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Aqueduct Assault is the third level of Donkey Kong Island in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port. This level is set in the Ruins from Donkey Kong Country Returns, albeit turned into a snowscape due to the Snowmads' invasion of the island.
The level starts off in a ruined temple, only lit up by a few torches. After this, Donkey Kong has to cross a series of frozen ruins platforms, which slowly sink downwards once he steps on them. Some of the platforms spawn items such as a Puzzle Piece after they have slid down completely. After this, the player encounters a short series of Barrel Cannons that explode after use, leading to an icy slope that leads inside a temple. Enemies such as a Waldough and an Archy are found, along with a Barrel. After more platforms with ice on them, another Archy and a DK Barrel that contains Diddy Kong can be found on a platform without ice on it. The player then finds another slippery platform, a bouncy platform which is frozen over, and Professor Chops.
After this is a few more icy platforms, some of which have giant ice blocks on them. This is followed by a Barrel Cannon, which launches the player into the background for another sequence similar to this one. Another barrel is present, launching them back into the foreground, where they must begin moving quickly along a giant temple which is sinking into the abyss below. A short Blast Barrel sequence is also found. Another Blast Barrel is present at the end of the area, and it launches the player to an icy slope, which leads to the level's Slot Machine Barrel.
At the very end, the statue of the Donkey Kong sprite from the Donkey Kong arcade games that appeared in Wonky Waterway can be seen in the background, now holding a Wii U GamePad instead of a Wii Remote.
- K: It can be seen under the crumbling platform just after the first puzzle piece, above a Blast Barrel. The player must wait for the platform to collapse before jumping in.
- O: Located above a Hootz, a short distance after the first crumbling platform in the temple.
- N: Located on the second sliding platform with a sliding ice block. The player must use the ice block to reach it. The fifth puzzle piece can also be found here.
- G: It is found on the giant crumbling structure at the end, just after the first Blast Barrel.
- 1: Just before the K, there is a collapsing platform. After it falls, a Blast Barrel appears, which leads to a Bonus Room. Once the player collects all the bananas here, a Puzzle Piece appears.
- 2: After the O, there are eight rotating bananas. The Puzzle Piece appears after grabbing all of them.
- 3: Just after the second Puzzle Piece, there is a DK Barrel. The player must carry it to a nearby wooden structure and break it open to reveal an alcove containing the Puzzle Piece.
- 4: Before blasting to the background platforms after the checkpoint, there is a Puzzle Piece above a Blast Barrel in the bottom-right corner. The player can reach it by jumping off the second collapsing platform or by roll-jumping.
- 5: On the same platform as the N, a Plump Yellow Fruit containing a Puzzle Piece can be seen in the ice block's original position.
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w06_frozen/l03_frozen_ruins.pak||l03_frozen_ruins.pak||Frozen Level 3: Ruins|
Names in other languages
Kōri no Iseki
|Ruins of Ice|
|French||Aqueducs caducs||Deciduous Aqueducts|
|German||Glatteistrümmer||Black Ice Rubble|
|Italian||Fondo Friabile||Brittle Bottom|
|Spanish||Ruinas ruines||Dastardly Ruins|