Horn Top Hop
|Horn Top Hop|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Horn Top Hop is the third level of Autumn Heights, and the eleventh overall in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port of the same name. It takes place in an autumn-colored forest with large leaves floating around in places that the characters can use as jumping platforms. However, its main feature, which gives it its name, is the Hootzes blowing into variously-sized alphorns in time with the music. This consistent timing can be easily seen upon exiting a secret area, in which one will actively wait for a specific part of the music to begin playing.
The level starts out on what appears to be a continuation of Mountain Mania, with a barrel which the player can use to bring in either Diddy Kong, Cranky Kong, or Dixie Kong. After going past some Trench Tucks, the Kongs will find a checkpoint, and then a series of gaps with floating leaves in between them, which can support their weight for a few seconds and be used as quick platforms. Following this, they must use one of the leaves, which moves sideways as well, to cross a gap and collect bananas over it, and then second and third areas in a similar way after which there is another Checkpoint. Following this and the crossing of a large area with several of the leaves, as well as Tucks, the Kongs will go through a row of large alphorns blowing air, after which there is an ascending series of leaves, at the top of which there is a Schnautzel shooting fireballs, followed by a long row of spikes which must be crossed by using floating leaves, and then another checkpoint. After this, there are more Trench Tucks, this time wearing helmets like Pointy Tucks, disallowing the Kongs to jump on them. Following that, the Kongs will shoot through a Barrel Cannon to a secret area containing the last Puzzle Piece, and leading a path to the Slot Machine Barrel, ending the level.
- K: Soon after the row of Trench Tucks, in the bowl of the horn the Hootz is blowing into.
- O: Above the Hot Hootz on the floating leaves.
- N: Above the area with the blowing horns and Pufftons, can be reached from the climbing grass.
- G: In between the two Trench Tucks after the third checkpoint, above the horn blowing air.
- In the sack hanging above where the first floating leaves are (it can be opened by throwing the Tuff Tucks on it)
- Above the climbing grass near where the Schnautzel is.
- After the leaf-platform gap, there is a secret area next to where the Puffton is flying, where the Kongs must collect all the bananas in less than 30 seconds to receive the third puzzle piece.
- After the third checkpoint, the fourth Puzzle Piece will pop out of the same hole the Pointy Tucks was in.
- Appears after all the bananas on the round grass-covered platform in the secret area before the end of the level, are collected.
- Tuff Tucks
- Trench Tucks
- Pointy Tucks
- Painguin Tucks
- Hot Hootzes
- Blue Hootzes
- Tuff Fluffs
The Kongs jump around in an area with hopping Tucks.
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w03_alps/l03_alps_horns.pak||l03_alps_horns.pak||Alps Level 3: Horns|
Names in other languages
Horun ga Hibiku Mori
|Echoing Horn Forest|
|French||Plates-formes précaires||Precarious Platforms|
|Italian||Corni Canterini||Singing Horns|
|Spanish||Trompas tremendas||Tremendous Horns|