|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|Music track||Frosty Fruits|
|** << Directory of levels >>|
Frosty Fruits is the twenty-eighth regular level in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port of the same name, as well as the sixth stage in the game's fifth world, Juicy Jungle.
Most of the level also takes place inside a lofty timbered factory where huge popsicle platforms are being produced. Rotating drills also come out from and retract inside solid ice blocks. Beating this level unlocks the boss stage of Juicy Jungle. In the game's Time Attack mode, this level's time limit for earning the Gold Medal is 01.30.00.
The music is named the same as the level. The piece uses several ambient sounds that enhance the level's frozen atmosphere, and features a segment of "In a Snow-bound Land" from Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest. Donkey Kong composer David Wise is credited for both musical pieces.
The Kongs start in a brick-constructed area with bamboo lanterns and big ice blocks. After passing a frozen solid bridge, which has a Boom Bird and a Waldough, they reach a tiny slope with a fortified plastered wall. The wall features a path underneath with three drill obstacles. The Kongs then reach an area with a platform with a Buddy Barrel and a vegetable spring platform guarded by a Hootz. The Kongs must then go higher up via a sloping area and two solid walls each hosting a pair of drills. There is also a ledge with Painguin Tucks and a Plump Yellow Fruit, the latter whose terrain can be Ground Pounded on to obtain a Banana Coin. In the background, there are wooden machinery conveying solid popsicle blocks into a pit, one at a time.
Moving on, there are two brick platforms covered with snow, and a pit in-between them is hatched with destructible ice blocks. Afterwards, the Kongs can go down an abyss to a room with a fruit spring platform. Afterwards, the Kongs reach a frozen bricked bridge that starts with an Item Handle which continues to a long slope trailed by bananas; above its base, a conveyor rope powered by two woody pulleys leads to a hanging ice block with a wooden platform and two drills. The Kongs then enter another abyss with two fruit spring platforms, the wooden machinery from before and a frozen ground patch obfuscated by a conveyor rope with a drill-containing ice block, as well as an Archy and a chilled fruit spring platform. After getting past a wall, there are two ice blocks that cover a tunnel with drills, into which the Kongs can fall to get impelled by a vertical fruit spring platform.
The Kongs then pass a Painguin Tucks sentry and a territory containing the first checkpoint of the level, as well as an ice block containing an Item Handle, which frees a flying banana and some bananas when pulled. The territory ends with a chasm, which can only be passed by using a Barrel Cannon, that launches the Kongs towards a huge, upside-down popsicle hanging by a wooden mechanical arm. Upon landing on its surface, it starts sliding down its stick, leading to a trail with huge popsicles. These lead to an icy bridge with two walls and drills underneath. In the area divided by the walls, the Kongs must use a circular array of reeling bananas and a Papa Painguin. The bridge ends with a fruit spring platform with a vine switch, which activates another mechanical arm holding a huge popsicle. The player can either follow the next platform while dodging drills from above, or use the popsicle to slide down along with it and access a secret area under the aforementioned platform. Both ways lead to an area with huge popsicles on conveyor belts and two Hot Hootzes. After entering a pair of Barrel Cannons, the Kongs are launched to a checkpoint.
After the checkpoint, the Kongs reach another wooden machinery section and a Puffton helps the Kongs to reach a Barrel Cannon, launching them onto a series of horizontal fruit springs that bounce them off. In between the two areas with spring, there is a tunnel with drills and a slippery floor. After this, a slippery and curved girder leads towards another wooden machinery section which allows the Kongs to continue through the level. Beyond the machines is an Item Handle and it continues to a slippery tunnel with huge drills. On the exit's front is a high, arched bridge with spring platforms, Tucks and Pointy Tucks, which can be accessed with spring platforms. At the right, there is a frozen plant stem, that allows the Kongs to exit from the factory and re-enter the jungle. On the stem, there is a Plump Fruit and a Papa Painguin. Down the stem, there is another slippery tunnel with drills in the ceiling. After using a Barrel Cannon to reach a Walbrick and an ice block covering a spring platform the Kongs reach the last wooden machinery section. The popsicle blocks they drop allow the Kongs to reach the Slot Machine Barrel.
The KONG Letters can be found under the following conditions:
- K: This letter can be found above the first conveyor rope in the level. For further reference, this rope is horizontal and carries a large ice block containing drills that come in and out towards the Kongs.
- O: The letter O can be found almost immediately after the first checkpoint of the level, next to the second large popsicle that plunges from above.
- N: After a series of springs that propel the characters, the letter N can be found above a Tuffton located between several popsicle block dropping machines.
- G: The letter G is located in a discreet alcove on the ceiling of a drill tunnel, at some distance before the end of the level.
Puzzle Pieces can be found under the following circumstances:
- After the players have passed a slide above which stand ice blocks with drills, and after they overcome a popsicle block dropping machine, they encounter two platform topped with snow and a row of bananas, divided in two by a pair of breakable ice blocks as well. These ice blocks cover a small pit that warps the player's character into a bonus area, where several groups of bananas and Banana Bunches have to be collected in their entirety in order to receive the first Puzzle Piece.
- Right next to the first checkpoint of the level is an Item Handle, frozen inside an ice block. The ice block can be destroyed with a Ground Pound. After getting pulled off the ground, the handle liberates a flying banana, which is followed by a trail of regular bananas. Each of them has to be collected in order to transform the flying banana into a Puzzle Piece.
- Beyond an area with drill ceilings and a Papa Painguin, there is a pit with a bouncy fruit platform. Above this platform is a vine switch; it triggers a big hanging popsicle after getting pulled. The popsicle serves as a platform and helps the player reach an obscure place under the regular road, in which a Puzzle Piece floats right above another bouncy platform.
- After the letter N, there is a tunnel whose ceiling is coated with spacy drills. After the Kongs exit this tunnel, they reach what appears to be the end of their road, marked by a semi-arched bridge stretched high up in the air. However, there is a hole in the bridge's support wall, which leads into an area beneath the bridge, hedged by its other support wall. A Puzzle Piece can be seen next to this wall, and it can be accessed with a moving Barrel Cannon that only shoot upwards.
- If the players perform a Roll Attack under the Slot Machine Barrel (the device which ends the level), they can discover a secret zone with two patches of ground and a ditch between them. The Kongs can fall inside this ditch to collect a Puzzle Piece, but it is highly recommended that the player minds the lateral harmful drills.
- Painguin Tucks
- Papa Painguin
- Boom Bird
- Hot Hootz
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w05_juice/l06_juice_slippery.pak||l06_juice_slippery.pak||Juice Level 5: Slippery|
Names in other languages
|French||Sorbets suspects||Dubious Sherbets|
|German||Eis im Spiel||Ice in the Game|
|Italian||Ghiaccioli Gustosi||Tasty Icicles|
|Spanish||Patinaje con primates||Skating with Primates|
- Near the area where the first Puzzle Piece can be acquired, there is a three-dimensional render of one of Bowser's tanks from Super Mario Bros. 3, behind a broad glass pane in the background. It seems to be conserved in a frosty fruit storage.