|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|<< Directory of levels >> ^^|
Mountain Mania is the tenth level in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port of the same name and the second level of Autumn Heights. It takes place in a mountainous area, hence the name, and features several small towers with bells. It is the first level to have Rambi the Rhino.
Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong start in an area similar to the end of Windmill Hills, and soon after, there is a barrel to bring in Dixie Kong as DK's partner. There is also a large stone block with Rambi's symbol on it under the platform. After the two go through an area with Fluffs and a Cheesy Chester, the Kongs can break an animal crate to free Rambi, who can smash through objects such as spikes and weak structures. After going through an area with enemies such as Waldoughs, Rambi, DK, and Dixie will go through a series of Barrel Cannons to a similar area where there is a checkpoint and some structures with bells that Rambi can break with his horn to release bananas.
After that is another checkpoint and a platform which the Rambi and the Kongs can stomp on to reveal a Barrel Cannon that brings them to another large area with several wood bridges, which can be destroyed by the volcano fire and enemies such as Cheesy Chesters, Walbricks, and Blue Hootzes. After the third checkpoint, there is a rocky area with the above surface descending and more stone blocks, which must be smashed by Rambi to get through and avoid being crushed by the falling rock. After this, there is a short area with platforms and more stone blocks, and at the end, there is the Slot Machine Barrel.
Items and objects
- K: Above four stone blocks
- O: Above the swinging box platform on the higher area of the level
- N: Between two wooden bridges that come after two Walbricks
- G: In the rocky area, on the platform with the Cheesy Chesters. The Kongs must bounce from a Cheesy Chester to reach the letter G.
- After Rambi is freed, he can break through a stone block at the start of the level, which reveals a small area with the first Puzzle Piece.
- To the left of the letter K, Rambi must break four large blocks and stomp a Spinning Platform for the Kongs to enter a bonus room. The Kongs have 30 seconds to bounce from three bouncy platforms and collect all of the bananas in the area. After doing so, the second Puzzle Piece appears in the center of the area.
- After a small building with a bell, the Kongs and Rambi must jump from two wooden platforms and collect the bananas moving in midair in a circular formation. The platforms slowly sink into the ground, so the Kongs must quickly grab the bananas for the Puzzle Piece to appear.
- The fourth Puzzle Piece appears after the ascending platforms with Fluffs from ringing all three of the bells.
- Inside a barrel in the background at the end of a wooden bridge; the Kongs must perform a Ground Pound to break it out.
- After the two swinging platforms where the Blue Hootz is, once two nearby Banana Coins have been collected.
- Found in a barrel to the left of a Blue Hootz, the Kongs must collect several bananas to receive the seventh and final Puzzle Piece.
Enemies and obstacles
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w03_alps/l02_alps_rambi.pak||l02_alps_rambi.pak||Alps Level 2: Rambi|
Names in other languages
Oyama o Dasshu! Ranbi
|Dash Across the Mountain! Rambi|
|French||Turpitudes en altitude||Turpitude in Altitude|
|Italian||Vertigini in Vetta||Dizziness at the Top|
|Spanish||Paseo precipitado||Precipitous Stroll|
- Many bananas can be seen stored in one of the birdhouses in the background after the first checkpoint.