|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Precarious Pendulums is the temple level of Bright Savannah in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port of the same name, and the third temple level in the game. The level features many pendulum platforms and obstacles.
After finding the DK Barrel at the start, the Kongs will find the first pendulum platform in an idle state above a bed of spikes. As soon as they step on it, it will move 180 degrees clockwise, enabling them to reach a weighted platform on the other side. However, the Kongs shouldn't stand on this platform for too long, as it gradually lowers itself under their weight into electricity if they do so. The Kongs will find two more pendulum platforms already moving above a bottomless pit: The first moving under the pivot, and the second over. While on the second, the Kongs have to duck to avoid the Blue Hootzes. The Kongs will next encounter an electrified paddle among more pendulum platforms, which they must avoid. Some pendulums the Kongs will find are malfunctioned, and simply serve as stationary obstacles.
When the Kongs eventually enter a Barrel Cannon, three spiked pendulums will get in the way of their launch path. The Kongs must launch once they are out of the way to enter the next Barrel Cannon, which points towards another one that moves in a pivoting motion. The Kongs should blast towards it just as the two cannons face each other, then repeat the same process for another pivoting cannon after that. Eventually, the Kongs will be fired from a Blast Barrel towards the next area.
At the start of the second area, there are many electrical weighted platforms and pendulum paddles. After that, the Kongs will have to navigate through a combination of pendulum platforms and more electrical paddles. Some pendulums have spikes on one side, so the Kongs must jump on some Hootzes to avoid them, but can stand safely on the other side. Past the pendulums lies two pivoting Barrel Cannons that lead to another cannon transition to the final area.
Upon landing on a pendulum paddle, the Kongs have to jump and land on its other side as it pivots right, as most of the platforms here do not remain level as they move, unlike in previous parts of the stage. The Kongs must then quickly traverse three more and one regular pendulum platform to avoid falling into the pit below. Eventually, the Kongs will reach a platform that appears to be stuck, but once Donkey Kong pulls onto the plug, it will spin around rapidly before catapulting them into the air and finally onto solid ground, where the mysterious relic is located.
- Between the malfunctioned pendulums, there is a purple vase on a stable platform that releases several bananas in a star formation. Collecting them all reveals the Puzzle Piece.
- While in the second pivoting Barrel Cannon, the Kongs should launch left to follow a trail of bananas leading to the Puzzle Piece. They will then end up back inside the cannon just before the spiked pendulums.
- On the same path as the two electrical pendulum paddles on one pivot.
- Just after the pendulum platform and electrical paddle moving 180 degrees on one pivot.
- On the left side of the second spiked pendulum paddle. Either Dixie Kong or Cranky Kong can be used to obtain it. As Dixie, the player can hover-spin towards it and back to safety on the nearby Tuffton. As Cranky, the player can cane-bounce on the spikes to collect it as the paddle pivots left.
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w0x_trophy/l04_trophy_grinders.pak||l04_trophy_grinders.pak||Trophy Level 4: Grinders; note that a number was skipped|
Names in other languages
|French||Mécanique antique||Ancient Mechanics|
|Italian||Pendoli Precari||Precarious Pendulums|
|Spanish||Abismos y mecanismos||Abysses and Mechanisms|
- On some of the walls in this level, there are cave drawings of ladders and girders based on the original Donkey Kong arcade game.