|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|** << Directory of levels >>|
Wing Ding is the sixth level of Autumn Heights, and the fourteenth overall in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port of the same name. It takes place around the summit of the island, in a town supposedly built by Hootzes. The level contains several platforms that can break soon after being stepped on, as well as long series of Zip-Line Vines that have to be traversed from tower to tower. The name of this level is a reference to Wingdings, a font where each letter corresponds to one of a variety of symbols.
The level starts out in a rocky-forest area with a waterfall in the background, and one of the fragile wood platforms. Following this, there is a barrel that can bring in either Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, or Cranky Kong. After getting a partner, DK will go up an area of platforms, after which there is a large set of bells that can be rung to collapse the wall ahead, followed by a long Zip-Line Vine with more bells and then a Checkpoint. After this, there is an area containing several wooden platforms (like the one first seen in the start) and then another bell zipline, with hazards such as Hot Hootzes. This is followed by another Checkpoint, and then a Barrel Cannon that will fire the Kongs into a factory-like area (similar to the one in Sawmill Thrill) with more of the fragile platforms and flying Soaries, after which there is another one of the barrels, like the one in the start of the level. After getting out of the factory area, the Kongs will take a third zipline, only this one having more gimmicks (such as crumbling rock along the way), followed by a third checkpoint and another Barrel Cannon, which will take the Kongs to another indoor area with several ascending bouncy platforms which lead to a large bell, which reveals the Slot Machine Barrel to end the level.
- K: After the first zipline.
- O: On top of the Puffton's head near the second Zip-Line Vine.
- N: On one of the smaller vines below the third Zip-Line Vine.
- G: In the last indoor area, located above and soon after where the fifth Puzzle Piece was.
- Underneath and then to the left of, where the barrel is.
- Above the area with the fragile platforms (after the Zip-Line Vine), there is a secret area (which can be accessed from getting into the barrel cannon by using one of the flying Soaries as platforms) containing bananas, all of which must be collected in 30 seconds or less to get the Puzzle Piece.
- Underneath the platform at the end of the factory, there is a secret location, which can be accessed by going onto the fragile platforms below, on the right. The secret area contains bananas, all of which must be collected in 30 seconds or less to get the Puzzle Piece.
- In the small area before after the third zipline and before the Barrel Cannon, there is a hidden cannon on the top (hidden) platforms, which leads to the fourth Puzzle Piece.
- In the area following the giant bell, there is a hidden room next to an Archy, and can be accessed by pounding on the top of it.
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w03_alps/l06_alps_ziplines.pak||l06_alps_ziplines.pak||Alps Level 6: Ziplines|
Names in other languages
|French||Ding Dingue Kong||Ding Crazy Kong|
|Spanish||Tirolinas tirolesas||Tyrolean Zip-lines|