Bramble Scramble (Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze)
|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|Music track||Savannah Pop|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Bramble Scramble is the second secret level of Bright Savannah in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port of the same name. As its name suggests, Bramble Scramble has many brambles, including huge, red ones in the foreground. It is a nod to the bramble levels in Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, as well as platforms and obstacles that gradually appear as the Kongs proceed through the level. The level is unlocked after finding the second secret exit in Twilight Terror.
The level begins on a rock platform surrounded by large thick thorny vines that wrap themselves around parts of the level, and even the background. A short ways forward, the player will come across a ledge that only Dixie or Cranky can reach. To the right of the ledge is a small patch of thorns that only Cranky can go across harmlessly. Above this patch is a dandelion platform, which can be used along with some others to reach the aforementioned ledge. The Kongs encounter Swooper Doopers as they continue along level. Past this patch of spikes is another one, which has a dandelion platform over it, with a DK Barrel sitting on top. After this is a small vine on the ceiling, and pulling on it causes a large vine with leaf platforms to appear. The Kongs must jump from the leaves to move across the bed of cacti below. Shortly afterward, the Kongs encounter a wide pit which a large vine with platforms extends across as the Kongs go forward. Using the platforms, the Kongs can reach and jump along several spring mushrooms and avoid enemies along the way. A Barrel Cannon appears shortly after to blast the Kongs to the next area.
These lead to a rock ledge which contains brambles that withdraw once the player gets close. Next is a series of mushrooms that can be bounced on. After this is another rock platform which leads to an Arrow Barrel with a skull on it, launching the Kongs into the background as soon as a thick wall of brambles clears the way.
After the first Tutorial Pig, the Kongs must go across another bed of cacti and a pit by using some leaf platforms, bouncy mushrooms, and another rock platform with some dead grass on it. After going across, the Kongs must pull on a vine to reveal more platforms, including a Buffaloafer in the last patch of grass. These all lead to a series of Barrel Cannons that launch the Kongs down through a downward gap in a large patch of brambles. Landing safely on a rock with two Porcupals on it, the Kongs continue to the second checkpoint.
After passing the next checkpoint, more solid and dandelion platforms will appear, except this time they are moving. The enemies are also more abundant. Eventually, just past two spring mushrooms, the Kongs will enter a short series of Barrel Cannons. Here, they must time their launch to avoid colliding into the moving brambles and Blue Hootzes. After overcoming them, the Kongs reach the Slot Machine Barrel.
- K: Found above a pit after the first set of vine platforms.
- O: Above a Chompette in the second area. It is obtained by jumping on the Chompette while its mouth is closed.
- N: Underneath a dandelion platform, between two moving solid platforms.
- G: Between two spring mushrooms in the third area.
- Inside the container on a high platform at the start. Two more dandelion platforms appear leading to it after standing on the first one.
- Revealed after collecting all of the Bananas on the first vertical vine with platforms.
- Behind the leaves after the spring mushrooms, there is a vine. Pulling onto it will reveal a giant vine with clingy grass and multiple Bananas in the background, as well as a Barrel Cannon leading to it. The Kongs must use the grass to climb along the vine, while avoiding the Lemmingtons that chase them, and collect all of the Bananas to make the Puzzle Piece appear.
- Past the vine platforms after the first checkpoint, there is a high platform with a hidden entrance to a Bonus Area, which rewards them with the Puzzle Piece upon completion.
- At the end of the small pit in the second area, there is a single Banana that leads to a hidden Barrel Cannon, which launches the Kongs towards the Puzzle Piece.
- Shortly after arriving at the third area, the Kongs should head left to find a container obscured by some leaves, which contains multiple Bananas. Collecting them all before they disappear reveals the Puzzle Piece.
- Using the dandelion platform above the letter "N", the Kongs can reach a high platform to the left, covered in leaves, with another hidden entrance to a Bonus Area containing the Puzzle Piece.
- Swooper Doopers
- Tuff Tucks
- Blue Hootzes
Names in other languages
|French||Roncière remuante||Restless Brambles|
|Italian||Rovi Rimbalzini||Bouncy Bramble Bushes|
|Spanish||Espinas espontáneas||Spontaneous Thorns|