|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|Music track||Rodent Ruckus|
|<< Directory of levels >>|
Rodent Ruckus is the second secret level of Autumn Heights in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port of the same name. It is unlocked after clearing Crumble Cavern, the previous secret level, and it is one of the two secret levels in the game that is not unlocked through a secret exit, the other being Icicle Arsenal.
The level marks the first time the Rocket Barrel is used in the game, and its riding sequence is accompanied by a European style cover of "Mine Menace" from Donkey Kong Country Returns, always associated with the Rocket Barrel and more known as its musical theme. The cover itself is simply titled "Rodent Ruckus", just like the level.
The level is set in a cave inhabited by Cheesy Chesters and filled with oversized cheese wedges. At the start, the Kongs will encounter some Cheesy Chesters, then enter the Rocket Barrel. Throughout the sequence, Cheesy Chesters will appear and use the cheese as obstacles to try to damage the Rocket Barrel.
In the first part, Cheesy Chesters are seen swinging on ropes and throwing pieces of cheese to each other. There are also blocks of cheese being lifted or lowered by ropes which the Kongs must also avoid.
After the first checkpoint, the Kongs will enter a darkened part of the cave. Spotlights will then turn on as the Kongs proceed further, revealing more obstacles. Cheesy Chesters will also try to get in the Rocket Barrel's way.
After the next checkpoint, a giant wheel of cheese will come rolling in from the background and in front of the Kongs on the stage itself, destroying all obstacles in its path. While this occurs, blocks of cheese will also drop from the ceiling, and chunks left behind by the cheese wheel will fly towards the Rocket Barrel. Eventually, the wheel will lose a fraction of its cheese; the Kongs must use the gap to avoid the wheel as it slows down and speeds up towards the end of the sequence. The Rocket Barrel will then crash onto the cheese wheel, now a platform being carried by several hot-air balloons, with the Slot Machine Barrel.
- K: Near the small rolling cheese wheel in the first part of the stage.
- O: After the swinging Cheesy Chester that passes a piece of cheese to another on the ground, just before the first checkpoint.
- N: Just past and below the first leaping Cheesy Chester during the spotlight section of the stage.
- G: Obtained just as the giant cheese wheel speeds past the Rocket Barrel.
- Underneath the bridge at the beginning of the stage, there is an entrance to a Bonus Area. Using the moving trampolines, the Kongs must collect all of the Bananas before time runs out to obtain the Puzzle Piece.
- On top of the one cheese block that is being lowered in the first part of the stage.
- When the spotlights first turn on, the Kongs must collect every Banana in the trail to make the Puzzle Piece appear.
- Just past and below the second leaping Cheesy Chester during the spotlight section of the stage, just before the second checkpoint.
- Located on a stray platform past the Slot Machine Barrel.
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w03_alps/l0b_alps_rocketBarrel.pak||l0b_alps_rocketBarrel.pak||Alps Level B: Rocket Barrel|
Names in other languages
Tobidase! Chīzu jigoku
|Fly Out! Cheese Hell|
|French||Rongeurs ravageurs||Destructive Rodents|
|German||Handkäs mit Rattzfatz||combination of various puns and wordplays (literally: Hand Cheese with Rat Quick)|
|Italian||Fuga Formaggiosa||Cheesy Flight|
|Spanish||Vuelo ratasante||Pun on vuelo rasante (low-flying) and rata (rat)|