|World||Donkey Kong Island|
|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|Music track||Freezie Breezie|
|<< Directory of levels >> ^^|
Forest Folly is the fifth level of Donkey Kong Island in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and its Nintendo Switch port. Corresponding to the Forest world from Donkey Kong Country Returns, it takes place in the dense forest that is now a snowscape due to the control of the Snowmads who have taken over the island.
The level starts out in the snowing forest. Springs, cling-able units, and vines are major gimmicks here. The player must be careful against snowflakes that harm the Kongs and vary in size and orbit throughout the level. Some tiki towers and frozen Skittlers can be seen in the background.
- K: After the first vine and the first puzzle piece, the player will see it on the top of the screen.
- O: Located along the round cling-able unit. The player has to try to stay still by moving counter-clockwise along the unit to catch it.
- N: It is located before the Barrel Cannon part. The player must pound the spring when the N and bananas are aligned.
- G: It is set under the platform that gets destroyed by the giant snowflake. The Kongs must roll down and jump immediately from the previous platform.
- 1: After the second spring near the K, a yellow plant is seen. The Kongs have to pound in front of it and grab all the bananas before time runs out.
- 2: Just after the O, a hidden Barrel Cannon can be seen behind the wooden platform. The player must pound the spring when it has moved to the left, then the Barrel Cannon brings the player to the bonus room.
- 3: The Kongs must grab all the bananas on three vines that are in a row. They must avoid snowflakes and fireball attacks simultaneously.
- 4: At the Barrel Cannon section, a puzzle piece is moving with snowflakes that orbit from the lower right to the upper left. To catch it, the player should reach the non-moving cannon quickly and wait until the puzzle piece comes.
- 5: After the final checkpoint, a Fish Poker Pops can be seen. First, the Kongs must defeat him and pound at the front of the bunch of fish. Then they have to grab all the moving bananas and a coin.
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w06_frozen/l05_frozen_forest.pak||l05_frozen_forest.pak||Frozen Level 5: Forest|
Names in other languages
|French||Frimas & Frondaison||Frost & Foliage|
|Italian||Fiocchi sulla Foresta||Snowflakes in the Forest|
|Spanish||Copas y copos||Tree Tops and Snowflakes|