|Game||Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze|
|Music track||Mangrove Cove (while on dry land)|
Mangrove Cove Underwater (while underwater)
|<< Directory of levels >>|
In Time Attack mode, a time of 1:50.00 is required to get a gold medal, a time of 2:10.00 for silver, and a time of 2:30.00 for bronze.
The level starts similarly to Jungle Hijinxs from Donkey Kong Country Returns. At the very start, Donkey Kong lands into a broken plane in a tree, after being blown away from Donkey Kong Island by the Snowmads. The player must repeatedly smash the and buttons. By doing so, the front of the plane breaks off and lands on the ground. Donkey Kong breaks out from the cockpit door and then pounds his chest. Like DK's Tree House from the previous game, Donkey Kong can optionally go back into the plane, which has a Red Balloon and some TV's, which he can Ground Pound at for the Donkey Kong Country Returns logo to display.
By continuing into the level, Donkey Kong first travels down a slope in a stream of water and into a lake, introducing the ability to swim in the game. At the bottom, the lake has mangrove roots and some Air Bubbles coming from a small pipe on a scuba helmet. Donkey Kong encounters a Blue Finley near the end of the lake. After jumping out of the lake, Donkey Kong goes through a beach area with Dozies, and Punchy Paddies. He jumps from some mangrove platforms and onto some large breakable rock platforms, where Professor Chops shows the controls for pounding. If Donkey Kong defeats the Punchy Paddy and pounds the rock platform beneath it, he falls into a small, hidden area with several Banana Bunches. The following area is beneath a shaded area beneath the trees with a Venus Trap Platform and more Dozies. By continuing, Donkey Kong continues to an Item Handle, and Professor Chops shows the buttons for pulling it. By pulling it, Donkey Kong breaks a thick, red vine entangling a metal platform, which drops for him to jump on. Donkey Kong pulls another Item Handle on the platform, which drops another metal platform. He goes down a wooden slope to the checkpoint.
Right after the checkpoint, Donkey Kong must pull an Item Handle to open a path into an interior area made of steel. Donkey Kong encounters another Venus Trap Platform, which he can jump from to land on a platform with an Item Container and a DD Barrel. Alternatively, Donkey Kong can ground pound a stone platform beneath the Venus Trap Platform to go down a hidden area with Banana Bunches, which also leads to the DD Barrel. With Diddy, Donkey Kong must jump from a few platforms to cross a gap with large, spiked, maroon vines on the ground beneath. After this section, the Kongs find an Item Container with a heart and jump below into the body of water, which leads out the interior area. In the following area, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong encounter a few Wild Wendells. They continue by jumping from a Spring Platform (which has an Item Container with a Red Balloon). By pounding the platform, the Kongs can reach a swinging platform with a heart, a few bananas, and two Banana Coins beneath it. The Spring Platform on the right boosts Donkey Kong and Diddy onto a mangrove platform with a Wild Wendell. They pass by two Dozies and a Sour Dodo and find another Item Handle. By pulling it, a massive mangrove tree grows out from the ground. Two mangrove platforms grow at the bottom of the tree, and a Barrel Cannon appears at the top-right for the Kongs to jump into.
The Kongs blast around a large tree through many Barrel Cannons and Blast Barrels. When they reach the Blast Barrel near the very top, it blasts them far off into the trees. They bounce from a few treetops and land onto the mast of a Snowmad ship, which rocks back and forth for a moment. The Kongs pass another checkpoint, and with Diddy's Barrel Jet, they hover across some red-purple vines on the ground. A Snowmad ship crashes into the shore and some Tucks jump off. The Kongs pass another Venus Trap Platform and continue to an area with many breakable crates and a Fluff. Afterward, the Kongs go to a wooden bridge with a large crate, which a Waldough instantly breaks out of. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong must jump from two swinging platforms, each hovering over a gap with spikes on the ground. A small, wooden boardwalk is centered between the platforms and gaps. The Kongs continue and find another DD Barrel at the end of a bridge. When they approach a small bridge, five 10-count Banana Bunches appear above. There are two Fluffs, each on the left and right, and a Tucks above the Kongs. By continuing the right, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong go down a tree trunk slope and must repeatedly pound a gold platform with a DK emblem. Two Blast Barrels appear and blast the Kongs to the edge of a Snowmad ship. The ship flips over into the sand, and the three Tucks fall into the water. The Slot Machine Barrel also falls out the ship, floating in midair for the Kongs to hit.
Hidden collectibles and objects
- K: Between two of the treetops on the beach after the first lake.
- O: Under the tree above the second lake.
- N: In the second jungle area, located in the air and must be obtained by going through a Barrel Cannon.
- G: After throwing the Tuff Tucks from the swinging platform onto the pole, it will turn and reveal another platform where the letter is.
- Behind the red-blue metal chunk, found soon after jumping into the water.
- Found after jumping onto the high treetop from the swinging platform and pounding next to the Plump Yellow Fruit
- After opening the two platforms, the player must grab the flying banana which will turn into a puzzle piece.
- In an area revealed by pounding right under the first Venus Trap Platform in the metal-like area.
- After getting Diddy Kong, the player can go back and jump on top of the previously mentioned Venus Trap Platform and get the piece which is on a platform above it.
- Spinning in the air, the player must time their shot from a Barrel Cannon correctly to get it.
- Upon pounding on the crate after the second platform in the beach area with the pirate ship, there will be a secret underground area where five Professor Chops will toss the Kongs multiple bananas. If they collect all of them, a Puzzle Piece appears afterwards.
- Shooting through the barrel above the swinging platforms will reveal a secret area containing a large amount of bananas to collect in 30 seconds, after which the Kongs will get the Puzzle Piece.
- The final Puzzle Piece is obtained by going to past the end barrel and pulling the plug which will reveal it.
- Blue Finleys
- Sour Dodos
- Punchy Paddies
- Venus Trap Platforms
- Wild Wendells
- Tuff Tucks
- Painguin Tucks
An area with several Wild Wendells
|Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze||content/Worlds/w01_mangrove/l01_mangrove_diddy.pak||l01_mangrove_diddy.pak||Mangrove Level 1: Diddy|
Names in other languages
Mangurōbu no Irie
|French||Mangrove groovy||Groovy Mangrove|
|German||Mangrovia Bay||Mangrove Bay|
|Italian||Spiaggia schianto||Beach Crash|
|Spanish||Aterrizaje forzoso||Emergency Landing|