|It has been suggested that this page be split into the following: Pyrobot Mk I, Pyrobot Mk II. (discuss)|
A Pyrobot Mk I
|First appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns (2010)|
|Latest appearance||Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (2013)|
Pyrobots are Ready-Bot enemies that appear in the Factory world of Donkey Kong Country Returns. They resemble fire hydrants, which is reflected in their Japanese name. There are two types of Pyrobots, both of whom patrol a set area back and forth and occasionally release fire from their arms like a flamethrower before resuming with their march. If Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong come in contact with the fire, they get burned and injured.
The red, older Pyrobot Mk I (also spelled Pyrobot Mk 1) is invulnerable to every attack from the Kongs themselves. However, they can temporarily immobilize a Pyrobot Mk I by jumping on it. A Pyrobot Mk I can only be defeated if the Kongs throw a barrel or a BuckBomb at it.
The yellow, newer-looking Pyrobot Mk II is less durable and can be jumped on three times to be defeated. The Kongs can throw a barrel at a Pyrobot Mk II to instantly defeat it.
Names in other languages
Pyrobot Mk I
Pyrobot Mk II
- Knight, Michael. Donkey Kong Country Returns Prima Official Game Guide. Page 27.
- Knight, Michael. Donkey Kong Country Returns Prima Official Game Guide. Page 135. "On a platform between two sets of mallets, stun the Pyrobot Mk I and then pound on the container to get another Puzzle Piece."
- Knight, Michael. Donkey Kong Country Returns Prima Official Game Guide. Page 135. "Below the N Block, stun the Pyrobot Mk 1 by jumping on it, and then pound a trapdoor to drop into a hidden area."
- Knight, Michael. Donkey Kong Country Returns Prima Official Game Guide. Page 131. "Jump to the platform to the right, and knock off the Pyrobot Mk II."
- 「ドンキーコングリターンズ任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Donkey Kong Returns Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 24.