|First appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Yoshi's New Island (2014)|
A Flashing Egg, also named Flaming Egg, is a very rare Yoshi egg that has spots that flash rapidly between magenta, green, red, and yellow. Flashing Eggs appear in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and its reissue, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3. Flashing Eggs can be found on the ground in some areas, such as Shy-Guys On Stilts. When a Flashing Egg hits an enemy, a red coin appears.
Flashing Eggs are not usable in Yoshi's Island DS; however, they make a cameo in an out-of-reach location in the final secret level of the game, Yoshi's Island Easter Eggs. Despite this, their behavior from the previous games is still intact in the game's code.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Uovo flash||Flash egg|
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island English instruction booklet, page 13.
- Yoshi's Island DS instruction booklet, page 16.
- Nintendo Magazine System (UK) issue 40, page 21.
- Yoshi's Island DS. The Cutting Room Floor. Retrieved April 21, 2022.
- Super Mario: Yossy Island Japanese instruction booklet, page 12.
- "敵に タマゴをぶつけて 出てくるもの 色で変わる。光るタマゴは 赤コイン" - Message Block in World 1-6 of Yoshi's New Island
- "알로 적을 맞혔을 때 나오는 아이텀은 알 색으로 결정됨! 빛나는 알은 레드코인." - Message Block in World 1-6 of Yoshi's New Island