- This article is about the Slimes first seen in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. For the Slimes from the Dragon Quest series, see Slime (Dragon Quest).
|First appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Yoshi's New Island (2014)|
|Variant of||Slime Drop|
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island / Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
Slimes appear in Tap-Tap The Red Nose's Fort and King Bowser's Castle, carrying keys. They are disguised as rectangular platforms until a Yoshi touches them, which makes them morph into their true form. Like Salvo the Slime (who was actually a Lemon Drop before Kamek's transformation), they cannot directly harm Yoshi and Baby Mario, but they can push them aside.
If a Slime is hit by Watermelon seeds or an egg, it gets progressively smaller until it disappears; it will not spawn any Lemon Drops when damaged, however. The same effect happens to the Slime if it falls into a spike or lava pit.
Yoshi's New Island
In Yoshi's New Island, a single Slime appears in a secret room in Spray Day Mayday. The room can be reached via a door that will spawn by hitting a hidden Winged Cloud above a large block resembling a disguised Slime. The room contains another such block and a few Coins next to it; if Yoshi collects some of these Coins, the block beside will transform into a Slime and start attacking Yoshi as in its original appearances. The Slime can cause Yoshi to lose a life if it pushes him onto the spikes on the left. Defeating the Slime will cause a round of Coins (with several Red Coins under disguise) and a Smiley Flower to appear.
Yoshi's Island series
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- Shogakukan guide: ブロックにばけているが、さわるとスライムになる。なぜかカギを持っている。スイカのタネがあれば、カンタンに倒せる。 (It is disguised as a block, but when you touch it, it turns into a Slime Drop. For some reason, it has a key. If you have watermelon seeds, you can easily defeat it.)
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- Shogakukan guide: ブロックに化けているが、さわるとスライムの姿になる。スイカのタネがあれば、簡単に倒せるはずだ。 (It is disguised as a block, but when touched, it takes the form of a Slime Drop. If you have watermelon seeds, you should be able to defeat it easily.)
Yoshi's New Island
- Shogakukan guide: 大きなブロックに化けており、ヨッシーが近づくとスライムの形になる。タマゴをぶつけると徐々に小さくなるので、完全に消えるまでタマゴを投げ続けよう。 (It is disguised as a large block, and takes the form of a Slime Drop when Yoshi gets close to it. When you hit it with an egg, it gradually becomes smaller, so keep throwing eggs at it until it completely disappears.)
Names in other languages
- The Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Player's Guide considers this enemy to be Salvo the Slime. This is changed in the Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 Player's Guide.
- Williams, Drew. Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 Player's Guide. Pages 106, 107, 115.
- 「スーパーマリオヨッシーアイランド任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario: Yossy Island Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 8.
- 「スーパーマリオアドバンス3任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Advance 3 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 22.
- 「ヨッシー New アイランド 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's New Island Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 24.
- Miller, Kent, and Terry Munson. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Player's Guide. Page 116. "SLIMY KEY If you entered Door Two in King Bowser's Castle, you need to find a key to continue on your journey. The key is being held by Salvo the Slime, the guardian of the first world. Load up on eggs prior to entering Salvo's chamber. The slime surrenders after six hits."