Whirly Fly Guy
|Whirly Fly Guy|
A Whirly Fly Guy in Yoshi's New Island
|First appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Yoshi's New Island (2014)|
|Variant of||Fly Guy|
Whirly Fly Guys are a rare variety of Fly Guy found in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (and its reissue) and Yoshi's New Island. They flash several different colors, distinguishing them from ordinary Fly Guys. They first stand on the ground, and when a Yoshi approaches one, it slowly takes off into the sky. The Yoshi cannot stomp the Whirly Fly Guy. If a Yoshi swallows one, then spits it out, the Whirly Fly Guy turns into a green Shy Guy. Whirly Fly Guys are much like normal Fly Guys at first, but when a Yoshi attempts to throw eggs at one, coins start to appear from the Whirly Fly Guy. When the Yoshi throws enough eggs at the Whirly Fly Guy, one or two extra lives are awarded to the Yoshi as the Whirly Fly Guy is defeated. Alternatively, shooting seeds from eating a watermelon is effective as well.
Whirly Fly Guys reappear in Yoshi Touch & Go, but they act slightly differently than before. Here, they hide in the grass, and when Yoshi approaches, they instantly zoom into the sky. If the player defeats one before it flies away, they are awarded four points.
Whirly Fly Guys appear once again in Yoshi's New Island, now colored white, similar to White Shy Guys. One appears near the end of Cave of the Nipper Plants. When the Light-blue Yoshi approaches it, the Whirly Fly Guy starts flying away in a straight line. As long as the Yoshi has eggs, he can keep throwing them at the Whirly Fly Guy to earn extra lives until it is defeated.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- Shogakukan guide: 飲みこむか、タマゴを５回当てれば倒せる。タマゴを当てた場合は４回めと５回めにそれぞれ１UPするぞ。 (You can defeat it by swallowing it or by hitting it with an egg five times. If you hit it with an egg, the fourth and fifth times you do so will give a 1UP.)
Yoshi Touch & Go
- Shogakukan guide: 点滅するプロペラヘイホー。夕マゴをぶつけるか踏むと、1UPの効果が得られる。逃がさないように進行方向に回りこみながら、繰り返し攻擊しよう。 (It hides in the grass, etc., and when Yoshi approaches it, it rises rapidly and leaves. It is impossible to stop him, as he will break through the cloud wall. Aim for it with eggs before it flies away.)
Yoshi's New Island
- Shogakukan guide: 点滅するプロペラヘイホー。タマゴをぶつけるか踏むと、１UPの効果が得られる。逃さないように進行方向に回りこみながら、繰り返し攻撃しよう。 (A flashing Fly Guy. Hit or step on it for a 1Up increase. To avoid losing them, repeatedly attack them while turning in the direction they are going.)
Names in other languages
|Japanese||点滅ヘイホー / てんめつヘイホー
|Flashing Shy Guy|
- Miller, Kent, and Terry Munson. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Player's Guide. Page 128.
- 「スーパーマリオアドバンス3任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Advance 3 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 18.
- 「キャッチ！タッチ！ヨッシー！任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Catch! Touch! Yoshi! Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 14.
- 「ヨッシー New アイランド 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's New Island Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 22.
|Yoshi Touch & Go|
|Characters||Baby Luigi • Baby Mario • Kamek • Stork • Yoshis|
|Items||Blue Coin • Bubble • Fruit (Apple • Banana • Grape • Melon • Watermelon) • Red Coin • Yellow Coin • Yoshi's Egg|
|Enemies||Brier • Cheep Cheep • Cloud Drop • Fang • Fly Guy • Goonie • Gusty • Kamek's Toadies • Lakitu • Marucchi • Monty Mole • Needle • Piranha Plant • Propeller Mūcho • Shy Guy • Spiny Cheep-Cheep • Tap-Tap • Toady • Ukiki • Whirly Fly Guy • Wild Ptooie Piranha|
|Other||Gallery • Media • Staff|