Artwork for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
|First appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995)|
|Latest appearance||Yoshi's New Island (2014)|
Slime Drops (originally known as Lemon Drops) are enemies in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island and its reissue. They look like gooey lemon drops and are found in only a few levels. They are especially prominent in Salvo The Slime's Castle, where they break off Salvo the Slime when he is hit. They also appear in Prince Froggy's Fort.
In Nintendo Puzzle Collection, yellow and blue Slime Drops cascade down the screen when a stage of Round 3 is cleared in the Action Mode of Yoshi no Cookie.
Slime Drops also appear in Yoshi's New Island in the level Slime Drop Drama. A Yoshi can defeat Slime Drops by eating or jumping on them.
Slime Drops make a cameo appearance in Mario Party 4 in Slime Time. They appear as small blue drops instead of yellow.
Yoshi's Island series
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
- Shogakukan guide: 天井らポタッと落ちてくることがある。頭上に注意。 (Sometimes they fall from the ceiling. Be careful overhead.)
- Player's Guide: Tasty morsels that drop from the ceilings, Lemon Drops help Yoshi replenish his egg supply.
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3
- Shogakukan guide: 天井からボタッと落ちてくることがある。プチプチくんと同じように、ふみつけると周囲の敵を少しだけはじき飛ばせる。 (Sometimes they fall from the ceiling. Like Mildes, they can send surrounding enemies flying a little when you step on them.)
Yoshi's New Island
- Shogakukan guide: 天井から水滴のように落ちてきて、地面に着地するとこちらに近づいてくる。決まった場所に落ちてくるので、出現場所には長居しないようにすること。 (They fall from the ceiling like water drops and approach you when they land on the ground. They fall at a fixed location, so do not stay at the location where they appear for a long time.)
Nintendo Puzzle Collection (Yoshi no Cookie)
Names in other languages
|German||Proto Schleimi||Proto Slime|
|From "cлизняк" (sliznyak, slug)|
- The original localized name of "Lemon Drop" references the Slime Drops' bright yellow color and their behavior of dropping from ceilings (as well as being simply small blobs of liquid), creating an additional reference to the candy of the same name. It is likely that the name was changed to "Slime Drop" due to them no longer being bright yellow, thus making the original name less meaningful.
- ^ a b Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island Nintendo Player's Guide. Page 127.
- ^ a b 「スーパーマリオヨッシーアイランド任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario: Yossy Island Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 8.
- ^ a b 「スーパーマリオアドバンス3任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Super Mario Advance 3 Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 17.
- ^ a b 「ヨッシー New アイランド 任天堂公式ガイドブック」 (Yoshi's New Island Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook), page 20.