The Slide Kick is a move that can be performed by Mario in Super Mario 64, as well as Yoshi, Luigi, and Wario in Super Mario 64 DS. To perform this move, the character needs to be running, then the player needs to hold the crouch button and press the attack button. Inputting the commands correctly causes the character to begin sliding on the ground with his foot outstretched, damaging enemies in the way. While Yoshi is able to perform the move, due to his low attack power, some enemies, such as Boos, are impervious to the attack.
Princess Peach can also use a similar move in Super Princess Peach called Slide, by simply crouching while dashing. This helps her dodge obstacles where it can harm her when she stands, or slide under small spaces.
Names in other languages
|French||Coup de pied en glissant
Glisser(Super Princess Peach)
|Italian||Calcio in scivolata||Sliding kick|
- Super Mario 64 instruction booklet, page 15
- M. Arakawa. Super Mario 64 Player's Guide. Page 7.
- Super Mario 64 DS instruction booklet, page 17
- Super Mario 64. Instruction booklet, French side page 54
- Super Mario 64 DS Instruction booklet, French side page 55.
- Super Princesse Peach. Instructions booklet, French side page 46.
- Super Mario 64 European manual, pag. 35
- Super Mario 64 DS European manual, pag. 93