Artwork of a ComBat
|First appearance||Yoshi's Story (1997)|
ComBats, also known as Bats, are a species of bat appearing in Yoshi's Story. They are found in the stages The Tall Tower, Piranha Grove, Neuron Jungle, Lift Castle, and Magma Castle. ComBats attack any Baby Yoshi that gets too close and are immune to most things other than eggs.
A ComBat has a black spherical body with a red scalp, elbows, wings, and antennae. It has three antennae on the top of its head, which wobble as it flies. A ComBat also has thin limbs that connect its wings with its body, and yellowish lips with two small white eyes that also wobble as it flies.
- Shogakukan guide: 踏めない、食えないとくれば、夕マゴでポン！ (If you can't stomp or eat it, pop it with an egg!)
- Nintendo 64 Spieleberater: Weil er nicht richtig fliegen, sondern nur auf und ab schweben kann, hat er sich schwarz geärgert. (Because he can't fly properly, only floating up and down, he became blackly annoyed.)
Names in other languages
|Compound of「汗かき」(asekaki, profuse sweater) and the honorific「~君」(-kun)|
- Leung, Jason, Terry Munson, and Scott Pelland. Yoshi's Story Player's Guide. Page 11.
- Prima Bath. Nintendo 64 Game Secrets, 1999 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 115.
- Leung, Jason, Terry Munson, and Scott Pelland. Yoshi's Story Player's Guide. Page 126. "Inside the room is a ComBat battalion. Since the bats often fly close to one another, you’ll be able to shoot down more than one with the same shot."
- 「任天堂公式ガイドブック ヨッシーストーリー」 (Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook – Yoshi's Story), page 6.
- Nintendo 64 Yoshi's Story Spieleberater, page 19.
- Kazuki, Motoyama. Kodansha vol. 41 - Super Mario 64: Yoshi's Story part 1. Page 6.