|First appearance||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)|
|Greater location||Mario Land|
The Pumpkin Zone, known in pre-release material as the Pumpkin Dome, is one of the six zones in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. It consists of four stages and two bonus stages. From the outside, it resembles a giant jack-o'-lantern in the middle of a forest.
The first stage takes place in a building home to Kurokyura, and features enemies such as Masked Ghouls and Boos. The second stage takes place in a temple populated by Fireball Boys, Kyororo, and other enemies inspired by Japanese folklore. The third stage is set in a haunted house containing Boos and Ghost Goombas. The fourth stage takes place in the Witch's house, with the Witch serving as the zone's boss.
The two bonus stages are accessed from stages two and three, respectively. When the first hidden stage is completed, the eyes on the pumpkin light up and start smiling. When the second hidden stage is complete, dancing Boos appear near the gravestones on the zone's map. This is the only zone with two bonus levels.
Super Mario-kun, volume 8
Names in other languages
Kürbis Land Zone
Pumpkin Land Zone
|Italian||Zona della Zucca
Zona delle zucche
Zona delle Zucche
- Nintendo Power Volume 38, page 112.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6-tsu no Kinka Japanese instruction booklet, page 13.
- Club Nintendo (Germany) Jahrgang 5 Ausgabe 1, page 49.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins Italian booklet, pag. 17
- Club Nintendo (Italy) Numero 1 - 1993, page 23.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 75
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 77