|First appearance||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)|
- Not to be confused with Big Bee.
Bigbees (generically referred to by Nintendo Power as big bee) is a Beebee enemy from the Tree Zone level Honeybees in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. If Mario goes near to the Bigbee, it will drop down and then slowly fly back up to its position upon hitting the floor, very similar to Suu from Super Mario Land. Unlike Suu, they cannot be stomped, similar to Karamenbo and Thwomps. With the exception of a Star, nothing can defeat them.
Tribe: Creep clan
Disposition: Lazy fellow
Game appearances: Land 2
Fat person who loves to eat
They are friends of the Beebees, but they love to eat and hate to be physically active. They are always lurking on the ceiling, trying to crush intruders who enter the beehive with their heavy weight.
Names in other languages
|Possibly from「ブーン」(būn, onomatopoeia for bee's buzzing) and「イチ」(-ichi, name ending); may incorporate「デブ」(debu, fat) and「蜂」(hachi, bee)|
- English Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins entry on the official Mario Portal. nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved August 13, 2022. (Archived August 13, 2022, 13:51:45 UTC via archive.today.)
- Hamm & Rudolf GmbH, Frankfurt. Super Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 22. "When Mario makes his way into the honeycomb, he should be careful to avoid the big bees that fall down from the ceiling onto Mario. With a little patience, Mario can get around this annoying problem."
- Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 184.
- 「任天堂公式ガイドブック スーパーマリオランド２ ６つの金貨」 (Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook – Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins), page 12.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 76