- Not to be confused with Toady.
|First appearance||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)|
Bopping Toadies, also known as Bopping Frogs, are frog-like enemies from the Tree Zone's first stage in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. Their attack pattern is very easy to predict and dodge. They lash their tongues out, jump up a short distance, then lash out their tongues again. However, they stop moments before unleashing their attack. They can be defeated with a standard jump or fireball.
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- Virtual Console manual: This is a hopping crazy toad. This bounder occasionally lashes out with its long tongue, so be careful!
Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten
Tribe: Creep clan
Game appearances: Land 2
Frogs with long tongues sticking out of their mouths
It will jump up and down and attack you with its long tongue sticking out. Do not get too close to it unless you jump or use a fireball to knock it down. You can also defeat it by climbing on its tongue.
Sprite from Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Names in other languages
|From「ピョンピョン」(pyonpyon, Japanese onomatopoeia for a bouncing sound) and「た」(-ta, masculine name ending), and/or possibly "tongue"|
|Italian||Rospo Pazzo||Crazy Toad|
|Spanish||Sapo Loco||Crazy Frog|
- By luring a Bopping Toady into a small tunnel, they can get stuck in midair.
- ^ Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins English instruction booklet, page 14.
- ^ English Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins entry on the official Mario Portal. nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved August 13, 2022. (Archived August 13, 2022, 13:51:45 UTC via archive.today.)
- ^ Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 173.
- ^ Super Mario Land 2: 6-tsu no Kinka Japanese instruction booklet, page 15.
- ^ Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 76
- ^ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB7tU55FjnE