|First appearance||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)|
An ant is a type of enemy in the Tree Zone level The Exit and the Macro Zone levels The Ant Monsters and In the Syrup Sea of Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. They continuously walk from side-to-side and march into enemies to deal damage. In The Ant Monsters, Mario visits an ant nest, which features numerous ants with varying abilities, including Chikunto, Goronto, and Dokanto. A standard jump or a fireball are enough to defeat an ant.
Profiles and statistics
Tribe: Creep clan
Disposition: Overly serious
Game appearances: Land 2
Hardworking giant ants
An ant-like, hard worker of 1 ant clan. He is one of the most common characters in the “Macro Zone,” and his monotonous movements allow him to be defeated simply by jumping on him.
Bio: 地面を歩いている。頭の2本の触覚がチャームポイント。 (It walks on the ground. The two antennae on its head are its charming point.)
Names in other languages
|Portmanteau of "ant" and possibly the Italian diminutive suffix "-otto"|
|French||Foumili||From "fourmi" (ant) and "militaire" (military)|
|German||Antotto||Transliteration of Japanese name|
- Hamm & Rudolf GmbH, Frankfurt. Super Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 23. "You’ll find many breeds of ants in the Macro Zone. There are ants with stingers, ants without stingers, ants that shoot, and ants that throw mushrooms. A disturbing bit of diversity!"
- Campbell, Stuart. Game Boy Game Secrets, 1999 Edition Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Page 94. "Get to the platform that has an ant with a missile launcher on it and kill it."
- English Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins entry on the official Mario Portal. nintendo.co.jp. Retrieved August 13, 2022. (Archived August 13, 2022, 13:51:45 UTC via archive.today.)
- Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 39.
- Shogakukan. 2015. Super Mario Bros. Hyakka: Nintendo Kōshiki Guidebook, Super Mario Land 2 section, page 75.
- Super Mario Bros. Encyclopedia, page 75
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 77