|First appearance||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)|
|Greater location||Mario Land|
The Space Zone is one of the six main zones in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, and is accessed by clearing the Hippo stage. In this zone, Mario dons a space suit and explores the moon and its surrounding stars, subjecting him to reduced gravity fields that increase his jump height but decreasing his speed and traction. The golden coin of the Space Zone is guarded by Tatanga.
The moon can be seen smiling in the overworld map for the zone; once the zone's secret course is cleared, a shooting star will hit it, changing its expression to a more gloomy one.
Names in other languages
|Italian||Zona dello spazio
Zona dello Spazio
|Spanish||zona espacial||space zone|
- Canadian violinist and music artist Owen Pallett samples the melody from the second area level in his song "An Arrow in the Side of Final Fantasy".
- Normally inaccessible, the word HAPPY is found in Space Zone 1, written in stars.
- The music for the second area can be heard when using the Boombox Sticker in Paper Mario: Sticker Star.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6-tsu no Kinka Japanese instruction booklet, page 13.
- Club Nintendo (Germany) Jahrgang 5 Ausgabe 1, page 49.
- Club Nintendo (Italy) Numero 1 - 1993, page 23.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 77
- Goomba4001 (January 31, 2010). Recognize This? (An Arrow in the Side of Final Fantasy - Final Fantasy). YouTube. Retrieved June 5, 2010.