|First appearance||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)|
A Grubby is a spiked form of Unera appearing in the Tree Zone level Honeybees in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. They are described as spiked insect larva, erroneously called "a slug with a stinger" in the English manual. They can be defeated by hitting a block they are on top of or by using a Star.
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- Instruction booklet bio: This is a slug with a stinger. Don't tread on this grub, as its sting is really painful.
- Virtual Console manual: This is a slug with a stinger. Don't tread on this grub, as its sting is really powerful.
Tribe: Creep clan
Disposition: He's calm
Game appearances: Land 2
Very tough caterpillars
A caterpillar that lives in the Tree Zone of Mario Land 2. They have spines all over their bodies and cannot be defeated by stomping on them or by fire. If it comes at you, jump to escape.
Names in other languages
|Combination of「棘」(toge, spike) and「ウネラ」(Unera)|
|Sting Bee Larva|
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins English instruction booklet, page 13.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6-tsu no Kinka Japanese instruction booklet, page 15.
- Shogakukan. 1994.「パーフェクト版 マリオキャラクター大事典」 (Perfect Ban Mario Character Daijiten), page 126.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins spieleanleitung, page 14.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins Italian booklet, pag. 13
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 75