|First appearance||Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992)|
|Greater location||Mario Land|
The Macro Zone is one of the areas in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. It features four stages and one hidden stage. However, including the hidden stage, only three stages are needed to complete the area. The Macro Zone consists of a house and its surrounding yard. The twist is that Mario is shrunk to ant-size. Stage one features the outside and inside of an anthill, and all the enemies in it are different types of ants. Stage two takes place in the plumbing of the house and features enemies such as Cheep-Cheeps and Blurps. Stage three takes place in the kitchen and fireplace, featuring enemies from the earlier two stages as well as ant-sized Goombas. Stage four takes place in the attic. The boss of Stage 4 is the sewer rat. The hidden stage, accessed from Stage one, takes place in the sky near the attic. Mario must acquire the Fire Flower in order to access the hidden stage. Once Mario completes this stage, he may skip the second and third stages and proceed directly to the fourth stage.
Names in other languages
Makro Kosmos Zone
- Nintendo Power Volume 43, page 47.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6-tsu no Kinka Japanese instruction booklet, page 12.
- Club Nintendo (Germany) Jahrgang 5 Ausgabe 1, page 49.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins Italian booklet, pag. 17
- Club Nintendo (Italy) Numero 1 - 1993, page 23.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia; pag. 77