- This article is about the location in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. For other casinos in the Super Mario franchise, see Category:Casinos.
The casino is a cave in Mario Land, hidden beneath the hills near Mario's castle. Using the coins he has collected as an entrance fee, Mario can win bonuses by selecting a pipe that leads to one of the Slot Machines. The first game costs 30 coins and features Mushrooms, Fire Flowers, and Carrots; the second game costs 50 coins and adds 1UP and 3UP extra lives; the third game costs 200 coins and removes the power-ups in favor of 5UP and 20UP; the final game costs 999 coins and has 5UP, 20UP, 50UP and 99UP, as well as the wagered 500 coins at stake. A Witch icon has a chance of appearing in all four games, which constitutes a loss. Unlike the mini-games that can be played at the end of a stage, the player cannot opt-out once the money has been spent.
Names in other languages
Surotto Gēmu Sentā
Slot Game Center
|Italian||Stanza delle slot machine
|Slot machine room|
|German||Einarmiger Bandit||One-armed bandit|
- Hamm & Rudolf GmbH, Frankfurt. Super Game Boy Player's Guide. Page 21.
- Nintendo Power Volume 43, pages 44 & 45.
- Super Mario Land 2: 6-tsu no Kinka Japanese instruction booklet, page 12.
- Super Mario-kun volume 8, page 150.
- Club Nintendo (Italy) Numero 1 - 1993, page 23.
- Super Mario Bros. Enciclopedia, pag. 78